News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Hair Layers?

Started by Inphyy, December 04, 2009, 12:54:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inphyy

Hello everyone,

Soon I'm going to endeavor in getting my hair done, I've heard from many close friends and people that when you get layers in your hair that it makes an square face more round and feminine.

Is this true? And if so, how should I get layers done to my hair? Also...I heard that wispy bangs adds an more feminine touch to an square face as well!

I have dirty-blond hair, that is thick and wavy; It's a little bit pass shoulder length and I want to see what I can do to help pass more.

Last question; If I were to tell a Hairdresser that I want layers and wispy bangs...How would I go about explaining feminine layers and what wispy bangs are and how to make them?  ;)
  •  

lizbeth

Quote from: Maiuniti on December 04, 2009, 12:54:47 AM
Last question; If I were to tell a Hairdresser that I want layers and wispy bangs...How would I go about explaining feminine layers and what wispy bangs are and how to make them?  ;)

try saying, "I want layers and wispy bangs". I would assume the hairdresser would know what you meant, if not you may wish to find another hairdresser :)

layers in a short bob style can help to round the face a bit, when it gets much longer than that though, it still looks really nice, but it's not going to have the same affect of rounding out the face as much as a shorter style.

•  

Cindy

Totally what Beth said.

If you like, take a picture from a magazine etc with a style you like and say I want this but without that and with more of this. Hairdressers are very used to this.

Enjoy

Cindy
  •  

Miniar

And trust me, hairdressers have seen it all.

I went into one place and asked if a hairdresser "could" give me gray hair with blue tips and he didn't seem the slightest bit surprised, just went "well, I've never done that before... "..
Didn't get around to have it done though.. it would have looked good.

"Everyone who has ever built anywhere a new heaven first found the power thereto in his own hell" - Nietzsche
  •  

AweSAM!

I wish that I could even be at the point when my hair would be long enough to do anything like this. I do like the look of layering though.

Janet_Girl

Quote from: miss2009 on December 08, 2009, 01:02:04 PM
I wish that I could even be at the point when my hair would be long enough to do anything like this. I do like the look of layering though.

Me too.  But even then I still have that damned bladding area to contend with.

Hugs and Love
Janet
  •  

Inphyy

Quote from: Randi on December 08, 2009, 03:45:32 PM
Just tell them to give you a girls haircut-layered with bangs if you want them. That's what I plan to do when my hair is a few inches longer on the sides and top-probably without the bangs-at least at first. If you ask they will probably show you how to set it to make it do what you want. My hair has a mind of it's own most days and I have to set it and let it dry or it just won't lay right.

Randi :)

For me last time I got bangs, It lasted for two days and then when I toke a shower...They wouldn't lay right again! :\
  •  

Cindy

Maiunti,

Teenage girls take ages practising with their hair. Guess what? So we have to as well.

I'm also like Janet, those damned bladdings are all over me :laugh: :laugh: Sorry Janet

Hugs
Cindy
  •