Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

newsflash from Barbara

Started by Barbara, December 19, 2009, 12:46:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barbara

NOBODY CARES ANYMORE!!!!.I mean people are mostly in their own little worlds with cell phones and text messaging that they don't even give a a second look.Even when i am in guy mode guying pantyhose at wallmart they don't even look at me.I walked into fashion bug partly dressesd they shook my hand like the settlers making a deal with the indians.
  •  

Janet_Girl

And this is just the way that people cling to their technology.  Take it away and they would have nervous breakdowns.

Using it helps a newbie enter the world as their true self.  people are mostly blind to the world around them.

Hugs and Love
Janet
  •  

aubrey

Population density is a factor as well. Try noticing every single person that is around you in a metropolis?
  •  

tekla

Try noticing every single person that is around you in a metropolis?

Oh no, it's spread well beyond that.  Matter of fact, the first things I ever saw with remote wireless internet access and cell phones both built in were the big tractors they use in the Midwest.
FIGHT APATHY!, or don't...
  •  

K8

The first time I went out dressed as Katherine during the daytime, my girlfriend and I went into McDonald's.  I was sure that everyone would stare, alrams would go off, and the gender police would rush and cart me off. 

Instead, everyone paid me no attention.  It was a little disappointing, actually. :P

- Kate
Life is a pilgrimage.
  •  

Alyssa M.

Quote from: Barbara on December 19, 2009, 12:46:24 AMNOBODY CARES ANYMORE!!!!.

Newsflash:

I don't think they ever particularly did. ;)
All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another.

- Anatole France
  •  

Jester

It's ironic, because it's the internet and ease of access to information that enabled me to first realize in no uncertain terms that I was transgendered.

I think that people still care, but most people can't be bothered to make someone else's problems their own.  Which is a double edged sword really.
  •