Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Camp

Started by ConfusedMichelle, November 05, 2006, 08:23:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ConfusedMichelle

There's a summer camp available for transgendered youth (youth being under the age of 21) in Michigan. I would LOVE to go, I think it would help me a lot. I go to camp every summer so I know the money wouldn't be an issue. But how in the world could I tell my parents that I wanted to go there? As you all know, my parents are so conservative and probably wouldn't want me going...help?  :-\
  •  

Cindi Jones

Brady... dear... Tell them you would like to go.  And tell them why.  Seriously hon, the sooner you let this out the better.  You never know, they may help.  They may not.  But it is always good to be open with your folks.  Remember that they love you and want only the best for you.  Let them know that you love them above all else.  Work on it together.  Being honest with your family is the best advice you will ever get.  I wish that someone had told me this when I was your age.  It might have saved much pain and sorrow later in life.

Print out this message and show them what kind of advice you are getting on the internet.  I'm serious.

Cindi
Author of Squirrel Cage
  •  

ConfusedMichelle

Thanks. You always give the best of advice. I think I will print it out, it might take me a while to actually show it to them though.
  •