Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Recent Ohio BMV Change of Policy

Started by Kevin, September 22, 2009, 05:28:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin

Hey, I just found out about this today, apparently Ohio changed their policy and you can get your sex marker on your license changed without having to have documented surgery. I guess you need to have a therapist or doctor write/fill out a form according to their specifications and turn it in, you can find out more about this if you're interested by Googling something like "ohio bmv transgender" and a few articles will probably show up...

My question is: has anyone from Ohio done this yet? Is there some specific form I need from the BMV or is it up to the therapist/doctor to just write a letter?
  •  

Renate

Apparently there is a form for the therapist to fill out, but I've not been able to locate it on the BMV website.

News article: Gender listing BMV changes policy on driver's licenses, ID cards
  •  

Kevin

I haven't been able to find it either, I think I'm gonna call a BMV around here and ask about it, I'll let you know if I found out anything useful.

Thanks for posting the link, I know this forum has some rules about linking so I didn't post it.

EDIT:

I just called the Columbus BMV (figured they'd know more about it than my local one up here) and asked if there was a specific form to fill out or if I just needed a letter, she said there's a form and then asked if I wanted her to send it to me. So it looks like you need a form from them, I'm not sure if you can pick it up at any BMV, probably could have checked that first, but I can wait for it to get mailed since I don't know how I'm getting it filled out yet, haha.
  •  

paulault55

I also live in Ohio, the Cleveland area, You can go to the TransOhio web site at www.transohio.org to read about it and see a copy of the form.

Paula 

I am a Mcginn Girl May 9 2011
  •  

JakeDenver

This topic is way old but I didnt find it necessary to start a new one. You just call for the form and they ask you social number and then they mail you out a form. You get it filled out and then you mail it back to them. Once they process the request you get a letter back and take that letter to the local bmv to get your new license.
  •  

Asfsd4214

I will never understand the obsession government has with having sex markers on identification match genitals rather than presentation and identification.

Unless you strip search everyone as part of checking ID, all the wrong marker does is create confusion and make the ID less legitimate.  ::)
  •