Main Menu

Grief Process Stage 3: Bargaining Regarding Mike Penner's Completed Suicide

Started by Shana A, December 27, 2009, 12:54:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shana A

Grief Process Stage 3: Bargaining Regarding Mike Penner's Completed Suicide
by: Autumn Sandeen
Sun Dec 27, 2009 at 13:45:00 PM EST

http://www.pamshouseblend.com/diary/14622/grief-process-stage-3-bargaining-regarding-mike-penners-completed-suicide

This isn't a news story, so if you're not a fan of the diaries where baristas discuss their personal lives, this would be a good diary to skip. At Pam's House Blend, we try to mimic a virtual lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) community coffee house, which means we discuss the kind of things we talk about in those kinds of settings. Mostly, our subject matter is politics related, but that's not an always thing.

Well, I have a decaf double-hammerhead (a cup of decaf coffee with two decaf shots in it) in front of me; go grab yourself your favorite coffee house coffee, espresso, or tea based beverage if you're so inclined, and talk about the intersection of a suicide of a friend, of processing the grief related to that loss, and of mental illness...

Yesterday I spent a solid block of two hours walking, as in the type of walking one does for exercise. However, I don't believe exercise was the only reason for such a long walk -- as I walked and contemplated during my walk, I believe I was trying to work through my Christmas night's/day-after-Christmas-morning's dream regarding Mike Penner (f.k.a Christine Daniels).
"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

•