Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Trans woman seeks uterine transplant

Started by Shana A, January 08, 2010, 08:46:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shana A

Trans woman seeks uterine transplant

By Renee Baker | Contributing Writer
Jan 7, 2010 - 2:13:55 PM

http://www.dallasvoice.com/artman/publish/article_12349.php

Sarah Luiz of The Colony, who's no stranger to the media spotlight, aims to be world's 1st trans mom

THE COLONY — Each of us has a story or a script that we fashion and live our lives by. When it takes us down the wrong path, we rewrite the script from a wiser place, and navigate closer and closer to our truth. Sarah Luiz says she knows in her heart of hearts that she's living a life true to her being — which is why she feels confident she'll be the first transgender woman to give birth.

snip

To many this may seem as if it's going too far, and it will require a uterine organ transplant — a controversial and dangerous operation. Doctors are only beginning to perfect this surgery, and no human has become pregnant with a transplanted uterus.
"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

•  

Allamakee

Although I understand Luiz' desire, researchers are not going to offer this surgery to MTF transsexuals until they can get the procedure routine in non-transsexual women (whose bodies are pre-equipped for the complex hormonal cycling of pregnancy.) Unlike SRS, uterus transplants truly are experimental surgery. 
  •  

pretty pauline

Quote from: Allamakee on January 08, 2010, 10:06:09 AM
Although I understand Luiz' desire, researchers are not going to offer this surgery to MTF transsexuals until they can get the procedure routine in non-transsexual women (whose bodies are pre-equipped for the complex hormonal cycling of pregnancy.) Unlike SRS, uterus transplants truly are experimental surgery. 

Sadly you are right, still no harm in dreaming, yes Id love to give birth to a child and be a real Mother, I consider myself a real and complete woman, but due to my situation Im unable to give birth.

p
If your going thru hell, just keep going.
  •