Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Writing a check your body can't cash

Started by Shana A, January 10, 2010, 09:28:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shana A

Writing a check your body can't cash
Filed by: Antonia D'orsay
January 10, 2010 4:00 PM

http://www.bilerico.com/2010/01/writing_check_your_body_cant_cash.php

I've written several times in the past about how I have some very strong ideas about the kinds of efforts that we, the LGBT community, should be engaging in for the purpose of making changes in laws and in society to gain greater equity and ensure our own equality in the US.

Chief among those ideas is that we need to be running for office ourselves. Any office, any time, every time an election comes up, and in every election.

If we are indeed one in ten in the US, then there should be ten Senators and around forty four Representatives who are LGBT in Congress. Then again, Congress should also 220 Representative women and 50 Senators, have about 26 persons of color as Senators and 113 Representatives of the same sort, and so forth and so on.
"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

•  

Allamakee

Dyssonance is a gutsy lady.  She'll get put through the political wringer and have to deal with a level of hate she hasn't likely faced before.  But she's a tough gal and knows what she is getting into.

D'orsay in 2012 !
  •