Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Transgender actor makes finals of reality dating show

Started by Butterfly, January 09, 2010, 04:35:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Butterfly

Transgender actor makes finals of reality dating show
The News Tribune
By MIKE DUNHAM
09 January, 2010

http://www.thenewstribune.com/news/northwest/story/1022001.html

Alaskans who watched "Conveyor Belt of Love" on KIMO Channel 13 Monday night might have recognized Scott Turner Schofield. The transgender playwright and performer is associated with Anchorage's Out North theater company where he is the current guest artistic director.

Schofield was part of a male meat market on ABC's latest reality dating show. The set consisted of a conveyor belt that brought men before five leggy models. Each contestant had 60 seconds to sell himself as a potential date. The women indicated whether they were interested or not with auction-style paddles.
  •  

Adio

I was watching this when it came on after the Bachelor (I'm a huge fan of reality tv) and was pleasantly surprised to see Scott up there on the belt.  Too bad the girl who picked him ended up going with another guy.  I wanted to see if they would have worked out or not.
  •  

Allamakee

The first article was a view from the NW part of the US.  Here is a view from the SE part.  :)

Trans man Schofield pops up on dating show
Project Q Atlanta
by Mike Fleming
January 6, 2010

http://www.projectqatlanta.com/news_articles/view/trans_man_schofield_pops_up_on_dating_show?gid=4684

On the other, we weren't really surprised because we've come to expect anything from Schofield (photo), whose introspective, articulate works include successful touring productions and repeated Atlanta runs of "Underground TRANSit" and "How to Become a Man in 127 Easy Steps."

Schofield was also a 2009 Lambda Literary Award nominee and a 2008 Atlanta Pride Grand Marshal.

For a taste of this incredibly intelligent man's viewpoint and sense of humor, his website describes him as "a man who was a woman, a lesbian turned straight guy who is usually taken for a gay teenager. A former debutante and homecoming queen coming out in the Deep South..."
  •  

Janet_Girl

He's cute.  ;D  I am not into reality shows, but if I knew he was on, I might just watch.

Janet
  •