News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

GID Therapy Next Week

Started by Scribbled101, January 07, 2010, 09:59:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scribbled101

Hey people, first time poster here.

I'm going in next Thursday to talk to my usual therapist; however, this would be the first time I'd be going concerning the topic of GID (myself being a male genetically speaking) and I was just wondering if you had tips for things to discuss. He seems interested in the topic and has written several papers on the topic, so I felt it was time to open up to him about my gender identity.

In short: Hi, I'm Scribbs and was wondering what kind of things should I ask / expect in an upcoming therapy session.
  •  

Janet_Girl

Hi Scribbs , :icon_wave:

Welcome to our little family. Over 3900 strong. That would be one heck of a family reunion.

Feel free to post your successes/failures, Hopes/dreams.  Ask questions and seek answers. Give and receive advice.

But remember we are family here, your family now. And it is always nice to have another sister. :icon_hug:

And be sure to check out

The best thing to do is to relax and realize that you have opened one door and all you need to do is step through it.

Hugs and Love,
Janet
  •  

Chrissty

Quote from: Scribbled101 on January 07, 2010, 09:59:33 PM
Hey people, first time poster here.

I'm going in next Thursday to talk to my usual therapist; however, this would be the first time I'd be going concerning the topic of GID (myself being a male genetically speaking) and I was just wondering if you had tips for things to discuss. He seems interested in the topic and has written several papers on the topic, so I felt it was time to open up to him about my gender identity.

In short: Hi, I'm Scribbs and was wondering what kind of things should I ask / expect in an upcoming therapy session.

Hi Scribbs, :icon_wave:

Your first appointment is generally more about summoning up the courage to attend, and getting to know each other. We usually recommend writing down any "burning" questions you want to ask, as you will be surprised how quickly time will pass, and it's common to be a little nervous and forgetful....other than that, be honest about how you feel..

..Oh... and don't be surprised if you get "homework" to do between sessions  ;)

Good Luck :icon_flower:

Chrissty
  •