News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Louisiana- Orleans Parish jail inmate reports repeated sexual assaults

Started by SandraJane, March 29, 2012, 11:10:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SandraJane

Orleans Parish jail inmate reports repeated sexual assaults

Published: Tuesday, March 27, 2012, 11:45 PM     Updated: Wednesday, March 28, 2012, 9:29 AM

Laura Maggi, The Times-Picayune By Laura Maggi, The Times-Picayune

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2012/03/orleans_parish_jail_inmate_rep.html

A transsexual inmate at the Orleans Parish jail was raped repeatedly by different attackers in two different locations within the facility, according to a letter sent to Sheriff Marlin Gusman Tuesday by the inmate's attorneys. The inmate is being held in facilities reserved for male inmates, but identifies as a woman.
  •  

dashaz1980

This is one my fears of being in New Orleans. but with all the bad things that has happen to me in Oklahoma. I think still New Orleans safer.
  •  

Amy The Bookworm

Quote from: dashaz1980 on October 09, 2013, 10:32:28 AM
This is one my fears of being in New Orleans. but with all the bad things that has happen to me in Oklahoma. I think still New Orleans safer.

... No offense to anyone who lives in New Orleans ... but ... I have never lived in a dirtier scuzzier city with more crime and stupidity than New Orleans. I left there a long time ago and despite my mother being buried there, I plan to never return. This story coming out of that, for lack of a better word, hell on earth doesn't surprise me one bit.
  •