News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Thrapy in Nottingham uk

Started by jessica rose, November 07, 2009, 04:14:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flameboy

Quote from: Naturally Blonde on January 03, 2010, 05:12:34 PM
I doubt if any improvements have been made. I left in 2006 which isn't that long ago. I also know of quite a number of Male to Female transsexuals who have had very similar experiences to my own. But I've never heard of any Female to Male patients who have had problems?
And as I said, I know many people - both FTM AND MTF who have had no problems at all at CX GIC. However, you seem to be insistent on ignoring my experiences, and those of my friends, in order to continue to criticise CX GIC. I'm merely trying to reassure those who may be starting at CX in the future that it's not all doom and gloom! Since we seem to be going round in circles, I'll leave it at that.
  •  

Naturally Blonde

Quote from: Flameboy on January 03, 2010, 05:19:36 PM
And as I said, I know many people - both FTM AND MTF who have had no problems at all at CX GIC. However, you seem to be insistent on ignoring my experiences, and those of my friends, in order to continue to criticise CX GIC. I'm merely trying to reassure those who may be starting at CX in the future that it's not all doom and gloom! Since we seem to be going round in circles, I'll leave it at that.

Check your inbox! I could say the same about you that you have ignored what I have said because your own personal experiences differ to mine. But all said and done this thread is about Nottingham and not London. 
Living in the real world, not a fantasy
  •  

Chrissty

Quote from: Naturally Blonde on January 03, 2010, 04:53:24 PM
What do you mean by unrealistic expectations?

Most common still seems to be expecting an HRT prescrition following the first counselling session.

Quote from: Naturally Blonde on January 03, 2010, 04:53:24 PM
Yes, but if you can't get the referrals from the GIC you cannot approach the PCT, it's a catch 22 situation.

I agree it's a catch 22, and a lottery.
  •  

Naturally Blonde

Quote from: Chrissty on January 03, 2010, 07:21:27 PM
Most common still seems to be expecting an HRT prescrition following the first counselling session.

I agree it's a catch 22, and a lottery.

I totally agree with you about not giving HRT prescriptions after a couple of consultations. But see it from my point of view that I was refused HRT after 2 years of attendance at the GIC! So my only choice was to go private and because of my ongoing RLT I got HRT privately the same afternoon.

I do think that I was victimised by CX GIC and the only way to progress with my transition was to leave. This happens an awful lot and others I knew also left because of the same kind of controlling the NHS GIC's try to implement.
  •  

The None Blonde

Look Berleigh, We understand you had a bad experience. Nobody, and I mean nobody, is denying this.

Things have changed. its ben 4 years, and There are many testemonies that chx has got its game together.

Saying that flame got different treatment for being a man is just hilarious... Try to read what you're posting and what we are. We understand you had a rough time, but you're basically now lambasting and rubbishing say... one brand of car, because the one time you drove one, it broke down.
  •  

Naturally Blonde

Quote from: The None Blonde on January 05, 2010, 09:37:10 AM
Look Berleigh, We understand you had a bad experience. Nobody, and I mean nobody, is denying this.

Things have changed. its ben 4 years, and There are many testemonies that chx has got its game together.
and many more testimonies to say it hasn't....

Quote from: The None Blonde on January 05, 2010, 09:37:10 AM
Saying that flame got different treatment for being a man is just hilarious... Try to read what you're posting and what we are. We understand you had a rough time, but you're basically now lambasting and rubbishing say... one brand of car, because the one time you drove one, it broke down.

I believe female to males do get different treatment. I'm not going into detail but CX GIC psychiatry department is run by an all male staff apart from one female psychologist.

Let's hope that Nottingham and Leeds are not like Charing Cross.

•  

The None Blonde

So.... Why would f2m's get different treatment? Unless you're suggesting that some 'masculine patriarchy' is at work and they are given all the help they need in 'advancing' themselves away from being 'silly women'?

•  

Naturally Blonde

Quote from: The None Blonde on January 08, 2010, 05:41:34 AM
So.... Why would f2m's get different treatment? Unless you're suggesting that some 'masculine patriarchy' is at work and they are given all the help they need in 'advancing' themselves away from being 'silly women'?

Most of the male psychiatrists are very chauvinistic at CX GIC, especially Montgomery, who now I believe has left which is probably a big relief to those still attending!
  •  

The None Blonde

You really are one of a dying breed... its out of fashion to bitch and moan about chx now... its a rather good service by all accounts.
  •  

Naturally Blonde

Quote from: The None Blonde on January 13, 2010, 09:06:00 AM
You really are one of a dying breed... its out of fashion to bitch and moan about chx now... its a rather good service by all accounts.

We will never agree an anythingl, so there is no point in argueing with you. I have a close friend who still attends CX GIC and informs me the service is still generally very poor.

However, a new development at CX GIC has been the recent addition of an electrolisis machine for patients in the London area only. I did make a suggestion in 2006 to Dr Stuart Lorimer that they should consider having a laser machine and this service has now been implimented four years later. My friend is not allowed access or treatment from the CX GIC electrolisis machine because she is from Scotland and not from London. Even though she still attends their clinic he is ruled out as she is not living in London.

I also suggested in 2003 that CX GIC should have their own endocrinologist and in 2004 they finally got one and endocrinologist Leighton Seal arrived!

edit- personal information
  •  

The None Blonde

All these friends and such 'still' attending Charring Cross and that you are still speaks volumes.

Nobody I've spoken to going there has ever had much trouble besides you and your 'friends'. They seem pretty happy. Nobody is arguing with you, just disagreeing. or is that forbidden? And please stop using my first name, I'd rather you didnt give out private information.
  •  

Naturally Blonde

Quote from: The None Blonde on January 17, 2010, 02:27:43 AM
All these friends and such 'still' attending Charring Cross and that you are still speaks volumes.

Nobody I've spoken to going there has ever had much trouble besides you and your 'friends'. They seem pretty happy. Nobody is arguing with you, just disagreeing. or is that forbidden? And please stop using my first name, I'd rather you didnt give out private information.

Do you attend CX GIC? have you ever attended CX? Maybe you should try it and see how you get on? You say 'all these freinds still attending'? there is only one friend I have still attending CX and her attending is not for the reasons you think.

You seem to want an arguement with me all the time, no matter what subject it may be on. I won't mention or comment on this subject again which is fine by me.
  •