Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Question about therapists...

Started by Shadowlyc, February 02, 2010, 07:30:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadowlyc

I'm a bit..new to the whole independent thing, so I guess you can say I'm clueless as to how the world works. Do you have to live in the same state  as the therapist in order to go to them?  ???
  •  

Nicky

Don't think so. You could always ask them if you are unsure. Perhaps their might be something about it in your insurance if you have any? (I'm not American)

Otherwise if you can pay I don't think it should matter. I've heard other members talking about seeing someone in another state, no worries.
  •  

Shadowlyc

Thank you :) I don't have insurance yet but I'll definitely look into it. It's a relief to hear that others have mentioned taking therapy in other states.
  •  

girl_ashley

You most certainly do not have to live in the same state as your therapist.  I drive three hours to see mine, I live in Maryland and she is in another part of Pennsylvania.  I actually first saw a therapist in New York City, but she will act as my second opinion.  Fortunately, my regular therapist has seen me fit enough that she does not believe in keeping me in therapy if she feels I do not absolutely need it.  Which means I won't always have to be regularly driving the 3 hours one way to see her.
  •  

Janet_Girl

And several here use a therapist is overseas, via the internet.
  •