Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Sheer Cover is awesome!!

Started by GinaDouglas, July 22, 2009, 02:34:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GinaDouglas

I saw an infomercial about this makeup and decided to try it.  It is, by far, the best foundation I have ever used.  It's as light as air, but covers everything.  I wore it to Pridefest in 90 degree heat, and got caught in a rainstorm, and it stayed perfect - but it washes right off with their cleanser.

The trial version is $29.95, with free shipping.  They said it would take 3-5 weeks and tried to sell me express shipping - but I figured because of the subscription deal, they would ship it right away - and it arrived two weeks later with the free shipping.  You agree to a subscription deal with the trial, but when I cancelled it right away, they lengthened the return-for-refund period from 60 to 90 days, and extended the first subscription shipment until January, and told me that I didn't have to buy the full package, but could cancel before January, or just buy two products before then, and retain my membership.

The initial trial products were too light for my summer tan, and they express mailed the darker color for free as an addition to the trial offer.
It's easier to change your sex and gender in Iran, than it is in the United States.  Way easier.

Please read my novel, Dragonfly and the Pack of Three, available on Amazon - and encourage your local library to buy it too! We need realistic portrayals of trans people in literature, for all our sakes
  •  

Krisstina

sounds great is that the air brush makeup? I like what I already use stays with me all day even in the heat. But I'm just curious.

Kristina
  •  

Janet_Girl

The air brush is Luminess Air.  I have one but could not get the hang of it.  But I tried it again today and so far so good.  Today will be a good test as it is 105 outside and 90 inside w/ air conditioning.
  •  

Krisstina

Thats right thank you Luminess Air lol its 106 right now were I'm at

Kristina
  •  

EveMarie

OK speaking from the other side of the line, I've been using Bare Minerals from Bare Escentuals, and found this article interesting:
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/51820/sheer_cover_vs_bare_minerals_battle_pg2.html?cat=69

QuoteBoth Sheer Cover and Bare Minerals are equally easy and quick to apply. They are both long lasting and actually do look extremely natural. Both Sheer cover and Bare Minerals come with their own application brush and require you to mix your basic foundation powders to get a match that is closest t your skin tone.

Kinda a toss up  ::)
"You are not born a woman... you become one..."  Simone de Beauvior
"No price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."  Friedrich Nietzsche
  •