Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Help with unmanly mouth

Started by Nigel, August 26, 2009, 10:45:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nigel

First of all, hi...  :icon_wave: Hope it's alright if I post my first request for help without any further introduction of myself. For the record, I did of course try to find an existing topic on this... Sooo I'm really hoping I don't get slapped if I missed it, heh..

I was wondering if anyone had any ideas/tips/methods for making my mouth more.. manly. As a transman, I think my primary downfall in passing successfully is the mouth.

People who don't look me in the face get my pronouns right and if I keep my head down waiters call me sir. But I've never, to my knowledge, survived a face-to-face encounter, and here's my theory as to why...: http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f91/werewolfnz/mouth.png

So, this evil influence must be stopped... :icon_shakefist: I really don't know what I'm expecting in the way of advice.. Just hoped there might be something to do... The only things I can think of are surgery or wearing a mask around... Can I do anything subtle with makeup..?? I'll try almost anything!

Thanks to any and all.
  •  

LordKAT

Welcome to Susan's

Many questions and many answers await you. I think it isn't just your mouth but a mix of things. It is really hard to tell with only a pic of lips.
  •  

Nigel

QuoteI think it isn't just your mouth but a mix of things.

That's probably true... I'm just wondering though if there is anything I can do about that particular thing.
  •  

LordKAT

I can't think of any thing to masculinize lips.
  •  

Nigel

Yeah, was afraid of that. Thanks for replying though, and thanks for the welcome.
  •  

Shana

Welcome Nigel..

Hmmm wearwolfnz.. ;)

I hate to suggest makeup for a transman.. had you worn lipstick for a while before the picture was taken?
Sometimes the pigment penetrates the tissue and leaves residuals. If that is the case, if you stop wearing the bold reds/pinks it might go away. If you have to wear something for work or such and still be fem. just use lip-gloss until the pigment fades.
If that is your natural lip color, maybe try a color like French Toast or something?

Gods, there is no way to type this without sounding like a ditz..  :icon_twisted: There, now I feel better.

Makeup is not my specialty. Perhaps others can be more helpful.

And.. welcome again..:)
  •  

Nigel

Negatory on the lipstick. That's my natural lip pigmentation. Ghastly, isn't it? :icon_blah:

French Toast eh? XD I take it that's a.. um.. flavour? ..of lipstick. Of course, I hate the thought of wearing lipstick to try to look more like a man, but that's about the only thing I can think of as well... Hopefully it wouldn't just look like I'm wearing lipstick, which certainly wouldn't help. :eusa_wall:

Thanks for braving the ditzdom to try to help. :icon_mrgreen: And thanks for the welcome.
  •  

Mister

Unfortunately there is nothing you can do about your mouth.
  •  

Shana

Not ghastly. My cousin has similar color and he's all man.  The shape is gorgeous for a girl, but then again, that's not what you are going for.

French Toast eh? XD I take it that's a.. um.. flavour? ..of lipstick. Of course, I hate the thought of wearing lipstick to try to look more like a man, but that's about the only thing I can think of as well... Hopefully it wouldn't just look like I'm wearing lipstick, which certainly wouldn't help. :eusa_wall:

Color more than flavor.. ;)  I thought that would be the case.. still, you might try it and see if it tones down your color.. Pat the excess so it is just a light film.. (Grr.. sounding ditzy again.. something butch, something butch.."Oh, pretty pony..".. Gah.. no use..)  Hopefully that won't be to obvious.. maybe it's worth a try?

You're welcome hon..  :icon_2gun:
  •  

Meshi

The only thing would be plastic surgery, but i have not read anything about FTM for lips.  I know for MTF they will shorten the distance between the upper lip and nose, and filler to give them a more full look.  To take away, or make thinner..., best bet would be to ask a plastic surgeon.  Im going to AZ on the 6th to a well known plastic surgeon and ill ask him if you want me to. 
  •  

Nigel

@Mister: Thanks for the reply. Guess I didn't really expect a miracle fix, but... never hurts to ask.

@Shanawolf: Heheh... The French Toast is definitely worth a try (anything is). The real question is... where does one buy lipstick? ..Ehh not that I think you would know or anything. Maybe I can have a girl go wherever and buy it for me. :eusa_think:

@Michelle: No idea when if ever I would be able to afford plastic surgery, but if you have the opportunity I'd be interested. For future (far future) reference. Course, I'm sure Google can tell me about the procedure also, but as long as you're seeing someone well known it'd be cool to hear it from him secondhand.
  •  

Meshi

Thanks for the insults, for my reply.  Go do what you wish, seems like you know what to do.  If you were really a "woman" you should know where and what to do with lipstick, i would think.
  •  

Nigel

Huh? Not sure what you mean by insults, but I'm sorry...  ??? The first two paragraphs of that post were in reply to Mister and Shanawolf, if that caused any confusion?

Edit: OK, I see now how that came across.  :eusa_doh: Made it more clear, sorry again.
  •  

Shana

Quote from: Michelle Hayden on August 27, 2009, 12:13:34 AM
Thanks for the insults, for my reply.  Go do what you wish, seems like you know what to do.  If you were really a "woman" you should know where and what to do with lipstick, i would think.

Ok.. wow.. Harsh a bit??

Sorry Nigel..
  •  

Mister

Quote from: Michelle Hayden on August 27, 2009, 12:13:34 AM

lulz
  •  

Nigel

In fact I do know how to put lipstick on. XD But I honestly don't know where it would be sold.
  •  

Meshi

No offense...I didnt see the @Mister part..my bad.  good luck..
  •  

Nigel

Don't worry about it, the @Mister bit wasn't there before. That was completely my bad.
  •  

Miniar

there's also concealer..
it may last longer than lipstick and it's designed to hide redness.

I'd probably just walk into a shop that sells makeup and pick up something that looks right, but it might be better to ask someone for help.

"Everyone who has ever built anywhere a new heaven first found the power thereto in his own hell" - Nietzsche
  •  

Ranktwo

I wish I could do something about my lips, too.
I've many plenty of biological men with feminine lips. Just try and.. uh.. manly-ize the rest of yourself, and you should pass fine!
  •