Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

What do you think of young women that dress provocatively?

Started by suzifrommd, October 16, 2014, 12:55:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which bests describe your opinion of young women who dress in revealing clothing?

They don't have enough respect for themselves.
They are expressing a positive self image.

Allison S

To be honest I feel kinda awkward when I dress "provocatively". But maybe I should do it more. Short skirts and dresses I do like and wear on nights out in the summer/warmer weather. But now during the day I wanna wear short shorts and tank tops [emoji4] my body is kinda pale/pasty, I really don't know how anyone would even like that

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

•  

RobynD

My viewpoint: Wear what you want, when you want to wear it. Self respect does not equal modesty and it is up to everyone else to deal with it appropriately.

•  

Michelle_P

Just a couple of points...

'Provocative' Is in the eye of the beholder, and is often a function of a femme presentation viewed through the goggles of a patriarchal culture that claims that the dominant males somehow can't exercise self control regarding females.

Older feminist models play into this by proclaiming femininity to be imposed by the patriarchy and femme presentation to be cooperation with the patriarchy.

I tend to reject these. I like my femininity, and I set my presentation for myself. My expression is my protected free speech, about me, and not some bizarre attempt to please some males.  I'm also a person who agrees with much of the current trans-feminist theory, obviously...   ;)
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •