Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Make Your Own Lipstick

Started by Seb, December 06, 2012, 03:51:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seb

I found a little tutorial on how to make your own lipstick for any ladies who want to save a little money or can't make your own because you're still closeted. It's really easy and all-natural (a lot better for you than store-bought lipsticks that may contain lead). This calls for crayons, whose ingredients are safe (they are meant for children obviously). The ingredients of crayons are mainly paraffin wax and color pigment.

All you need is:

1/2 tsp. castor oil
1/2 tsp. shea butter
1/2 of a crayon

1. Put a pot of water on the stove, and a metal bowl above it. Putting the ingredients into the pot would directly burn it.

2. Turn the heat on high, and add your ingredients.

3. Stir every few seconds so that they all melt together (this should only take about a minute or so on a good stove).

4. Once they are melted, immediately remove the mix and place it into a small container or empty lipstick tube.

5. Place in the refrigerator for about 10 minutes and there you have it! Your very own lipstick.

You can mix and match colors or make very unusual shades not easily found in stores. Because of the oil, these lipsticks are very moisturizing.

Enjoy!

REMINDER:

To clean, don't directly wash the bowl into the drain, because it contains wax. Wipe off the wax residue with a paper towel, then wash the bowl with dish soap and hot water.
  •  

Brooke777

That's neat! Thank you for sharing.
  •  

Simon

"Maybe she's born with it...Maybe it's Cray-o-la." :laugh:
  •  

Seb

No problem! And haha, Simon. I actually wanted to use this for the purpose of cosplay, so I thought I'd share.
  •  

Shawn Sunshine

Hmm very interesting, i wonder if you can make like a light metallic blue color? I have never seen much blue lipstick in stores and i love blue.
Doesn't Castor Oil smell bad though?

Also I wonder if this lipstick will smear or smudge and if it can stay on for a while?
Shawn Sunshine Strickland The Strickalator

#SupergirlsForJustice
  •  

Seb

You can also add food grade flavor oils to taste, about one or two drops should do. And it should stay on but of course it's like any lipstick, it doesn't stain forever.
  •  

Ms. OBrien CVT

I have seen where you can use Vaseline also.  And maybe you could use a straightening iron for a low heat.

It does not take courage or bravery to change your gender.  It takes fear of living one more day in the wrong one.~me
  •