Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

hormone ?

Started by Christy Edwards, March 01, 2010, 12:03:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Christy Edwards

Gonna start soon!! Cant wait...Will they help hair growing where there is thinning...How much will it help decrease facial hair??
  •  

Randi

Hi Christy, Propecia & minoxidil have properties that MAY cause some hair that has gone away to return but it will be fine in texture and probably white in color-if it comes back at all. And then you have to stay on the medication to have continued success. I have some male-pattern baldness and while I can't say it has grown back much at all the progression of hair loss has stopped. As for facial hair nothing will make it go away except plucking, laser, or electrolysis. There are some good threads on this topic from those who know more about it than me so go have a look there as well.
  •  

Nicky

I would not expect any decrease in facial hair. But saying that I have noticed a slowing of growth, a bit of thinning, and my side burns have gone all patchy. Not that I have much hair to base that on, I've had most of it removed. Still getting some electro.

As for hair loss, hard to say. It should help some.
I use propecia and it has stopped my hair loss and some has grown back as good as new i.e. black/brown. Perhaps though I have not actually grown anything back but it has thickened what I have left. Takes a long time so don't expect a miracal. It also works well alongside spiro, they are complimentary.

Congrates on the hormones!
  •