Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

tomorrow...

Started by jonjon, November 10, 2006, 05:37:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jonjon

I'm going down town and this will be my 1st time in the open (except for being at work) as an FTM.

I'm going to flatten all my chest down, do something with the hair on my head and i'm gona do my best at looking how i feel and wana be!

I know i dont pass very well at this stage, but it's really important to me and tomorrow is guna be kinda like a test. A test to prove to myself i can do it! But i just know i'm going to be so concious about if people will notice me trying to hide my femaleness... >_> always consious about what other people are thinking about me, even if it's just random people i pass in the street and will never see again. I guess thats just something that wont go away, so i have to learn to live with it and do the best i can!

Getting both excited and nervous about it! If it all goes well, then you might see me off to the local pub next week! ^_^ Whats different about that though, is that EVERYONE knows me there and they all know me as a female so i'm going to be even more concious about that!
Please check out my vampire novel project!

https://www.facebook.com/thickerthanbloodproject?ref=bookmarks

Please like, follow, share and support! :D
  •  

Ricki

Wishy!
All i can muster is a scared good luck! :-*
  •  

tinkerbell

Good luck to you, Wishy!  There's always a first time for everything! :)  You will do fine sweetie!

tinkerbell :icon_chick:
  •  

Mario

You got to start somewhere! Good luck ;)

Marco
  •  

jonjon

well... experiment #1 failed.

I tied my hair back and stuck on a hat so my hair looked short. No make-up what so ever, black shirt, black tie with a badge on, black baggy trousers.

The guy at the bus stop saw me coming (never before seen him, so he doesn't know me, and he moved to allow me a seat on the bench at the bus stop, i consider that to be one hint. Many people stopped to allow me to pass if walkways was one person spread and the guy at the computer shop called me 'dear'. That was more than likely due to my voice giving me away though cos i had to ask what PC mouses he had in stock >_>

But anyways... totally blew my confidence in this all together. But i wont give in. Practice makes perfect and that is indeed what i need. I will push myself harder and harder until i can get it right. I have a long way to go, i know, but i cant consider it a good start.

•  

Nero

Good morning Wishy.
Well, I consider that you made a good start. You went out dressed as your true gender. You had the balls to do it. That's something.
Quote from: wishy on November 11, 2006, 07:33:35 AM
Practice makes perfect and that is indeed what i need. I will push myself harder and harder until i can get it right.
Practice is good. However, some of us just simply aren't going to pass without hormones. If they hear my voice, it's over, hell, if they see my face it's over.
Without knowing how you look, I don't know if this is the case with you or not.
Maybe for now, you shouldn't concentrate so much on passing, but on being yourself, and dressing as yourself. If you want to cut your hair, do it, if you'd rather not wear makeup, then don't. Dress how you feel comfortable.
Concentrate on what you see, not on what anyone else sees.
Just be yourself, and the rest will fall into place.
Nero was the Forum Admin here at Susan's Place for several years up to the time of his death.
  •  

jonjon

Well, these are the only decent and most recent pics i have of me at the minute. they were took a few days ago

•  

brina

Hiee,
  Wishy, it is never easy to go out as your true gender the first time. Don't consider your test to have failed as in fact it has not, YOU did Go out in your heart felt gender. I will take time to get the mannerisms down of a gender that you have not presented as. The only advice I can offer is to have self confidence in yourself as it will go a very long way towards your percieved image in public.
  When I began my RLE I can remember having more then one cashier outting me in line with the 'Siring' me, and while it hurt emotionally it didn't overly affect my confidence as i expected it.

Byee,
  Brina
  •  

Nero

Quote from: wishy on November 11, 2006, 08:26:14 AM
Well, these are the only decent and most recent pics i have of me at the minute. they were took a few days ago

You look pretty good to me. :) I like the hair.
Nero was the Forum Admin here at Susan's Place for several years up to the time of his death.
  •  

Dennis

Good for you Wishy for giving it a shot. Nero's right, it may take T to pass, but you're still going out as your true gender and it's still good. Do be careful though, especially in pubs. People drinking and seeing someone challenge gender lines can lead to an unsafe situation.

And it probably will be harder to pass with longer hair. Even bio guys get a second look when they have long hair. You really do have to have some other male secondary characteristics to get past it, like a mustache, a beard, or visible stubble. I'm not saying you should cut your hair - keep it how you like it. But it probably is a bit of a hindrance to passing.

Dennis
  •  

jonjon

Well, tbh i really cant wait til i start on the hormones. Can have myself that little goatee that i've always wanted lol

But, one step at a time eh? Still have to have a chat with my doc about everything what i want to do... which will be very hard indeed as i've never even met my doc (recently transfered to a different open surgery). If they're anything like who i've already seen.... then scary!

•  

Ricki

•