Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Veterans Day

Started by Bdnewgirl, November 10, 2006, 08:53:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bdnewgirl

IN MEMORY OF DEPARTED COMRADES

Do not stand at my grave and weep;
          I am not there. I do not sleep.

I am a thousand winds that blow;
          I am the diamond glints on snow.
          I am the sunlight on ripened grain;

I am the gentle autumn's rain.
          When you awaken in the morning's hush,

I am the swift uplifting rush
          Of quiet birds in circled flight.

I am the soft star that shines at night.
          Do not stand at my grave and cry.

I am not there; I did not die in vain as
              long as my sacrifice is not forgotten.

(Author Unknown)

A big Thank You to all that Served

Love
Brandi
  •  

Ricki

Thank you Brandi.. I'm thankfully alive as a vet and it's touching to have someone say it or thank you for it.
hugs'
Ricki :angel:
  •  

Chaunte

There are a lot of vets here at Susans.

To all of you, regardless of your flag, thank you.

Chaunte
  •  

Hazumu

I've often wondered about the number of campaign ribbons and combat medals awarded to TG/TS when compared to the general "I served" group.  It'd make an interesting statistic.

Thank you for recognizing the veterans' service to higher ideals.

Karen
  •  

Cindi Jones

I would also like to give my heart felt thanks for our vets and those who are currently serving.

Cind
Author of Squirrel Cage
  •  

beth

Quote from: Karen on November 11, 2006, 02:55:36 PM
I've often wondered about the number of campaign ribbons and combat medals awarded to TG/TS when compared to the general "I served" group.  It'd make an interesting statistic.

Thank you for recognizing the veterans' service to higher ideals.

Karen

That stat will never be known but my guess is it would be a high percentage. I know from my own experience and what I have heard from others that MtFs (during their pre-transition lives) are more comfortable in high risk activties and taking chances than the average person.  I would also think the military would attract a high percentage of FtMs in their "female" ranks. Do we have any FtM Vets?

It saddens me to know many of the veterans who really deserve our thanks are not around to hear us.

beth
  •  

Ricki

Well i do not boast a silver star or anything but my career in the military had its share of medals and campaigns, small campaigns you do not always read about it in the local paper too.
basic training / ait training ribbon/medal
2-good conduct(3 year service ribbons) ribbons/medals
4 Army achievement medals (you get one then oak leaf clusters for the ribbons)
2 Army accomodation ribbon/medals (same one ribbon then oakleafs)
101st Airnorne Division Combat Ribbon
Combat ribbon/medal with national guards for Dessert storm
National guard achievement medal/ribbon
Jeb Stewart national guard combat ribbon/medal
Not bragging it is what it is.
I'll look good when I'm stuffed into it upon my passing......
My dad was a vet and years back i did polish up and wear my dress greens to his funeral I thought it was fitting.
MY brother served in the Navy but alas his drinking and bad ways got him a general discharge and he did not finish his term of service...
anyway i salute the same all veterns present and past and non veterans who regardless of reasons or beliefs support the veterans and service people!
It's a shame war is not a good answer yet seems viable as an option to anyone who has an army!
I'm Serbian and not proud at all of the way the Serbians and Croations have battled holy wars over religion and land seems like since the beginning of time, still rages on!!!!!!!!  Shame on them!
You know i can not honestly think of anyone who i would of ran into in the sevrice that would of appeared or come off as trans, even gay..But the reason for that would simply be The internal military system does a very good job of through intimidation and unsaid or-elses to keep anyone of not straight I'm a tough guy heterosexal in line....
again
salute
Ricki

•