Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Name change

Started by lolli, November 11, 2006, 05:11:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lolli

I belong to another site in the US to do with a program I use on my computer.
This site runs a forum and a couple of members have started attacking my handle, because abrivated it stands for some kind of anime child abuse.
News to me.
But it just goes to show how words in different countries differ in meaning.
lolli here can mean money or it can be shortened pet name for Holly.
The mods on the site asked me to change my handle.

So If I do stop using my nickname then I am considdering using the fem version of my name which friends know me by as well.

Dominique 

One's female name should be unique to the person.
  •  

Robyn

Interesting, Lolli, er Dominique.  It's a shame that the cute name you chose for a nick turned out to be offensive in another language/culture.  Probably best to avoid problems and go with your femme name.

At least, you hadn't changed your name to Lolli in court.

Robyn
When we walk to the edge of all the light we have and take the step into the darkness of the unknown, we must believe that one of two things will happen. There will be something solid for us to stand on or we will be taught to fly. — Patrick Overton
  •  

lolli

Mell used to have a stuffed Lolly.

But to be honest luckily I dont need to use that forum too often, only when having a problem altering the binary codes on files.
Well girls and boys you may call me whichever name suits you.
But in time I will change to my fem name because thats the way forward for me.
  •  

lolli

I had an on going arguement on the site with a couple of them.
I have never heard of anime sex and was very shocked when they bought that up and abrivated my nic from lolli to loli.

I convert Mac files to pc files when I can be bothered.
I take a basket full of mac files and put them in the washing machine, and hey presto they come out all clean and ready to use!!! ;)

There is as you can guess a little more to it than that.

Rather than being Esmarelda I fancy being the goat  :D
  •