Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Hello from Sandy!

Started by Sandy, November 04, 2006, 11:56:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandy

Hello all!

My formal name is Cassandra, or Kassandra here as there is already a lady with the first name.

I prefer the more casual Sandra or Sandy.

I've been in denial for about 53 years of my life.  Now at 54 I've come out to myself.  I'm not a crossdresser, this isn't a hobby, and I can no longer lie to myself about being male.

I'm a woman.  I've always been a woman.  And after such a long time in darkness and terror, I have come into the light.

And I am happier than I've ever been before in my life.

I've always had a problem with depression.  A common thread it seems.  But I just recently started HRT and my emotions have awakened and I am not afraid of them anymore!  I am in rapture!  I don't have to fear having feelings.  Depression doesn't automatically lead to self loathing and self hatred and feelings of self destruction (I've tried that too).

My body is beginning to start its second puberty.  All of the soreness and swelling that goes with a budding female is starting to occur.  I am in heaven (except when I rub/brush/slam any of those swellings!).  My deminishing masculinity is bid a not too fond farewell.  And won't be missed by me.

I'm using Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) as a beard reduction process from a "Hair Today. Gone Tomorrow" clinic.

I've come out to my children and select friends.  I've just started going out dresses as myself.  I see my therapist dressed as myself all the time now and I have to rush sometimes to get home from work, put on my face and dress in a nice outfit for my session.  But I wouldn't have it any other way!  I'm trying to learn what it means to live as a female and I love every minute of it!

My wife has known of my crossdressing nature from the start of our relationship over twenty years ago but now has a hard time accepting my emmergence as a female and will leave me if/when I transition.

Like a lot of you, my life is a bit confusing right now.  And having other ladies (And guys!) to share it with helps me.  I hope I can help too.

Thanks!

-Sandy
Out of the darkness, into the light.
Following my bliss.
I am complete...
  •  

Julie Marie

Hi Sandy!  Guess who?  :icon_ihearu:  :icon_blahblah:

Glad to see you made it!  How was the trip here?

I can vouch for her.  She's A-OK!  That pic was taken last Wednesday at a TG gathering.

Julie
When you judge others, you do not define them, you define yourself.
  •  

Sandy

As far as getting over here, I had to wade through the flood and dodge the meteors but other than that, no problem!

I can vouch for her too!  She's number one in my book!

-Sandy
Following my bliss.
I am complete...
  •  

Laurry

Hi Sandy!

Welcome to Susan's.  Thanks for the introduction.  It is never easy coming to term with our TG issues, and even harder as we age (at 50, I have only recently given up the fight and accepted who I am). 

Quote from: Kassandra on November 04, 2006, 11:56:38 AM
Like a lot of you, my life is a bit confusing right now.  And having other ladies (And guys!) to share it with helps me.  I hope I can help too.

That is exactly what Susan's is all about.  You've found a place with great people who genuinely care about each other and do their best to help one another.  I look forward to more of your sharing.

........Laurie
Ya put your right foot in.  You put your right foot out.  You put your right foot in and you shake it all about.  You do the Andro-gyney and you turn yourself around.  That's what it's all about.
  •  

tinkerbell

Hello Sandy and welcome to Susan's indeed!  Nice to meet you! :)

Thank you for your introduction.  I'm sure you will love it here.  Please don't hesitate to ask questions, and try to explore all of Susan's forums, for there is plenty of valuable information for your reading pleasure.

I'll be seeing you around.  Enjoy your stay! :)

tinkerbell :icon_chick:
  •  

HelenW

Hello, Sandy, Welcome!

I'm very pleased that you've decided to join us.  Any friend of Julie's is a friend of mine!

I'm 51, MtF and just started HRT two months ago, btw.

I hope I'll be reading many more posts from you and again, I'm happy to say,

WELCOME ! !  :)
helen
FKA: Emelye

Pronouns: she/her

My rarely updated blog: http://emelyes-kitchen.blogspot.com

Southwestern New York trans support: http://www.southerntiertrans.org/
  •  

Ricki

Hi Sandy,
welcome!
I am curious you said
QuoteMy wife has known of my crossdressing nature from the start of our relationship over twenty years ago but now has a hard time accepting my emmergence as a female and will leave me if/when I transition.
Was this planned your wife was or is waiting until you transition and then will leave you?
What about your children, I am just curious as to how this came about or how you planned it or is it not planned and her decision?
again welcome this is a great site
Ricki
  •  

Cindi Jones

Any friend  of Julie.... Oh... someone already said that.  Indeed. I'm glad you found us.  This really is a nice group of people.  The support is wonderful and you may make some life long friends here.

Cindi
Author of Squirrel Cage
  •  

Sandy

Quote from: Ricki on November 04, 2006, 06:46:14 PM
Hi Sandy,
welcome!
I am curious you said
QuoteMy wife has known of my crossdressing nature from the start of our relationship over twenty years ago but now has a hard time accepting my emmergence as a female and will leave me if/when I transition.
Was this planned your wife was or is waiting until you transition and then will leave you?
What about your children, I am just curious as to how this came about or how you planned it or is it not planned and her decision?
again welcome this is a great site
Ricki

Ricki:

Thank you for the kind words of welcome.  I really do appreciate them.

My emmergence is recent (about 6 - 8 months ago).  I was in near continuous bleak depression.  In conversation with my wife about dealing with my depression, she said I needed councelling.  I told her that I didn't want to go back on mood elevators.  At one time I had spent two years on Zoloft and became an emotional zombie and I also feel I lost some mental acuity which took more than a year to recover.  My issues with being a crossdresser had also been supressed for quite a long time (about 14 years) at my wifes request.  So when I talked about councelling I also talked about gender councelling as well.

My wife agreed that I should do whatever I needed to do to keep from killing myself.  In the course of therapy I finally came out to myself (a joyous thing) and accepted who I am.  In ensuing conversations with my wife about my feminine nature she said that she could not be a lesbian or have a lesbian relationship.  She wanted me to be who I needed to be but would not go there with me.  So when I go 24/7 then she feels she has to leave.

I feel that I have a female brain and it had been poisoned by testosterone.  The upshot was my inability to control my depression.  I had read so many accounts of trans women and trans men becoming calmer and more in tune with themselves after they started HRT.  I felt I needed to do that too.  I needed to find out if HRT would address my depression.

The short answer is YES!!!!  Within a week of starting HRT, my mood, my emotions stablized.  I could feel without fear of becoming depressed.  I feel wonderful!

I came out to my children when I became determined to go out dressed as myself to my therapist.  My children (two daughters, one son in law and an 18 month old granddaugter) have all left home, but live in the area so visit quite often.  They started asking questions when I started being more obviously shaved all over.  So I came out to them.  It was kind of a traumatic event for me, but I worried for no reason.

They are completely accepting of me and want me to be happy.  They encourage me to be who I am.  We've even gone out shopping!  They are the bedrock of my support.

So that is a capsule view of my life so far...

What a long strange trip it's been!  (How many times has THAT been said!)

-Sandy
Following my bliss.
I am complete...
  •  

RebeccaFog

Good to meet you, Sandy.

It sounds like you have some really positive energy going for you.

Becky
  •  

Ricki

Thanks Sandy i appreciate you being so honest and willing to share it helps me to understand more.
I wish you soo much luck and success!
Ricki
  •  

Genevieve

Hello and welcome Sandy!

I'm happy to see you join Susan's and look forward to seeing your posts!

I'm also happy to hear you being so happy with your transition. It gives me reason to look forwardto my own.

*hugs*

Genevieve

•  

TheBattler

However did I miss your intorduction.

Wellcome here to Susans - I see you have made a nice home.

Alice
  •