Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Sci-fi fans!

Started by Rock_chick, March 13, 2010, 11:29:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PanoramaIsland

Quote from: Arch on May 06, 2010, 04:10:52 PM
I don't see how these perceived attributes make for a successful round of impressions...
Yah, actually I don't know.
All you have to do for a good impression of Art Spiegelman, though, is to give a lecture about the aesthetic properties of golden era newspaper comics while being grumpy, egotistical, and chain smoking on stage. Acting slightly neurotic helps, too.
  •  

Arch

Quote from: PanoramaIsland on May 07, 2010, 01:38:34 AM
Yah, actually I don't know.
All you have to do for a good impression of Art Spiegelman, though, is to give a lecture about the aesthetic properties of golden era newspaper comics while being grumpy, egotistical, and chain smoking on stage. Acting slightly neurotic helps, too.

Yeah, I've heard all sorts of dirt about him...but I do like his Maus books.

Gaiman's prose novels don't do anything for me. I've only read two, though. A friend recommended another title, so I guess I'll look it up. I figure three strikes, you're out. And then I might give his graphic novels a try. But seriously, I rarely give an author more than two chances. I don't know why I'm bending over backward to like Gaiman's prose. I had an awful time trying to finish American Gods, and that won a Hugo, for Pete's sake.
"The hammer is my penis." --Captain Hammer

"When all you have is a hammer . . ." --Anonymous carpenter
  •  

Pica Pica

Apparently he has a low voice and looks at the floor,with lots of odd pauses and some odd pronunciations because he sometimes sounds farmer-ish and blurts odd things out.

Post Merge: May 07, 2010, 07:58:06 PM

Just listened to him, he doesn't have any of those attributes, odd.
'For the circle may be squared with rising and swelling.' Kit Smart
  •