Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Taking a hint. Better give me a VERY good reason if they want me around.

Started by findingreason, March 18, 2010, 06:09:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

findingreason

Ok, the people I'm with in a music group just gave me a very good hint that I think they don't really want me around. I called one of them to hang out since I have time to kill till rehearsal today and so I go over there. We talk for a little bit. The one get's up, says he'll be right back. Well, other about 10 minutes later gets up to go, and I ask if I come along with them where they're headed. She said "....no. it's personal. *in puppy eyes* sorry...." Well, the other that was coming back, I waited, but saw him and her leaving as I looked out the window a few minutes later. The rest of the other group members never invite me to hang out, and if I run into them at the lounge on campus they seem to disappear fairly fast at times.....I'm seriously beginning to think they don't want to be with me. I tried to be with them, make friends etc, but if this is the stuff they will pull, and I have it confirmed. I'm gone. They can find a new vocalist to take my place. And yes, I am piping mad right now.

•  

spacial

Yep.

The best lesson I ever learnt is, when people don't want you, leave.

Let's face it, if they can't appreciate you, they aren't worth the bother.
  •  

V M

Musicians can be A-holes and often for stupid reasons... I learned that the hard way a few times  :P
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

tekla

Hell, I learned it the easy way, just by hanging with them.  If your good, do the show.  That's really all there is.  Nothing says you have to be friends.  The Who all pretty much hated each other, and when the hate was great, so were they. 

Don't give up the art, just because the artists suck.  As it turns out, pretty much 99% of them do.
FIGHT APATHY!, or don't...
  •  

Nicky

Sounds like most bands I have been in. Dramas, personal conflicts, bass players spending all the gig money at the pub...

Although the one I am in now is most harmonious. It might just be we don't see each other very often.
  •  

Cindy

If they and you are good stay. Never heard of a band or a team who liked each other. It's about business. Often it's better if you don't get along. Fleetwood Mack learned that.

Sadly it's part of growing. Now didn't John Lennon and Paul worship each other?

Hugs, how are you going

Cindy
  •  

Walter

Watching that Metallica behind-the-scenes DVD, they showed a bit of the anger tension between the members. There was always one of them that had a quarrel with another member. Usually on how well the music sound to one, but didn't sound good to the other

I dunno what it is with band members, but I guess it's common
  •  

Jester

You need to remember that Metallica's the biggest collection of dicks in the universe though.
  •  

tekla

Most of the people I know, myself included, think Some Kind of Monster is about the funniest comedy ever!  I'm sure the years they spend living up to their nickname of 'Alcoholica' didn't help.
  •  

Walter

Quote from: Jester on March 24, 2010, 09:49:34 AM
You need to remember that Metallica's the biggest collection of dicks in the universe though.

True. James Hetfield had anger issues
  •  

Jester

Remember Dave Mustaine balling his eyes out about being in the "number two metal band in the world?"  Which is such an arrogant and inflated claim, as well as y'know, oh my god it's so awful that you're a multi-million dollar multi-platinum metal band.  Oh woe is you.  Not to mention that getting kicked out of Metallica was the best thing that ever happened to him.
  •  

tekla

Not to mention that getting kicked out of Metallica was the best thing that ever happened to him.

Oh I'm not sure about that, but about 10 seconds of his playing explains everything you need to know about why he got kicked out.  Besides, as Dave knows, and anyone who has seen the band, he ain't even the best player in that band, hell, he ain't even the best guitar player.
  •  

Walter

Yeah. But Dave Mustaine had an epic singing voice (to me anyway)
  •  

Natalie3174

Its sad how petty people can be. Maybe they are treating you this way because of some narrow minded ignorance or intolerance. I cant stand people who treat me differently because Im trans. Its best to do whatever makes you feel good and go solo if you have to. Im a musician but I dont want to play around people who make it a negative issue that Im trans and act like they are better than me or they dont understand me. Sometimes I wish I really had that Blaster Princess Leia is holding. Then I could sit back and fire a few rounds into the sky and feel better. Im sure they would learn some respect then. Anyway a Jedi must not know anger or hate so  I will let it go.
  •  

gennee

In the rock band 'The Who' , drummer Keith Moon detested vocalist Roger Daltrey.

Gennee
Be who you are.
Make a difference by being a difference.   :)

Blog: www.difecta.blogspot.com
  •