Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

passing with one sex and being misgendered by the other?

Started by ukftminneed, October 05, 2013, 10:33:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ukftminneed

I pass with guys , but girls I dont , even one girl outed me I wanted to cry lol , its such and emotional up and down passing feels so good
any one else find they pass better with one gender
  •  

Darkie

I had this happen once.  When I go to conventions, I often present as male for as long as my asthma allows me to wear a binder.  I was in guy mode when someone had spilled water all over my laptop when I was working the registration line.  So, I snatched it up and ran to the consuite (where you can get free food) and got rice, a bag and a box.  Now, all the girls I was working with knew my birth gender, so they were just treating me as one of the girls (probably because they were introduced to me as Sarah). It was actually funny because my best friend had sent someone down with a wig for me to wear (since my hair was long) to make me look more male and so the girl asked for Alex.  I said that was me and the other girls looked confused.

Anyway, I run up to con ops with the laptop and start putting the rice box together.  Now, at the time, I was pretty pissed, so my voice was naturally lower.  There were some guys in there, most notably one guy who was asking me what happened, etc.  I got the laptop all fixed in the rice and went about my business to let the rice do it's thing.  Came back hours later dressed female because I was helping with the ball as I am the host.  I started getting my laptop out and this guy stops me and tells me that that was some guy's laptop.  I told him that was me and the look on his face was hilarious.  He tried to speak for a few moments but tripped all over his words.  Finally he said "I am so sorry.  I didn't recognize you."  Same thing happened with the girl who brought me the wig, she didn't recognize me either.  But I thought it was funny that unless the girl was specifically told to look for a boy named Alex, she probably would have been the same as the other girls.  But the guys all thought I was a boy. XD
Courage is the power that turn dreams into reality.
  •  

Lesley_Roberta

Some people are people watchers and some not.

It's coded into our brains to also look for people we like. So we tend to notice small tells that might go otherwise unnoticed.

But if people are just plain not interested and not looking, they might not see the tells.

My friends think it is funny how I can't tell working girls from just ordinary women on the street.

Inasmuch as I know so much, so much of what I know is really just text book knowledge. I'm great with technical data. But I likely wouldn't be able to tell cis from trans unless to person was particularly challenged by life to begin with.
Well being TG is no treat, but becoming separated has sure caused me more trouble that being TG ever will be. So if I post, consider it me trying to distract myself from being lonely, not my needing to discuss being TG. I don't want to be separated a lot more than not wanting to be male looking.
  •  

Erin Kay Howell

I actually get misgendered in a strange way. Ive been told by a few people now "im sorry dude, you still look like a chick." As though im FTM trying to pass as a man O_O
I know who I am, and no one is going to tell me otherwise anymore.

•  

ukftminneed

•  

Bardoux

Guys on the whole don't seem to care all that much. I dress male everywhere and it's mostly other women who look at me strangely from time to time. They usually have this self-satisfied smile as well, which is odd as i don't know what exactly they think they have cottoned on to?!
  •  

Taka

it might be that guys make a point of not checking out other guys. so if you're fairly passable as male, they'll treat you as that just to be on the safe side. not sure how that fits with an mtf being mistransgendered.

but i've noticed an interesting thing. if i (online) tell a girl i'm transsexual, she'll think that i'm afab and be right about that. but the guys i've told have all thought i'm somewhere between transvestite and mtf. and they're actually not too far off either, as i do enjoy some girly days as well.
  •  

ukftminneed

Quote from: Bardoux on October 06, 2013, 10:55:36 AM
Guys on the whole don't seem to care all that much. I dress male everywhere and it's mostly other women who look at me strangely from time to time. They usually have this self-satisfied smile as well, which is odd as i don't know what exactly they think they have cottoned on to?!

Your right ! about that look , its like mumm im better then you lardy dar dar lol

although yesterday I didnt pass with a guy lol I nearly corrected him but i just accepted it
  •