Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

My Girlfriend

Started by BlackWolf, April 05, 2010, 10:08:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackWolf

Hey all! My name is James and here's the deal:

Ok, so... I'm kind of new to this forum. Well, I should say that I am more of a long time reader, first time post. Over the past month and a half, I have slowly started coming out to my friends as FTM. I told my new girlfriend about me before we even started dating. I wanted to make sure that she could handle it before we started anything serious. You see Jen and I have been crazy about each other since high school (that's about four years total) We dated once, but somethings happened and she ended the relationship (long story short - she wasn't ready to admit she was gay... or into women I should say). Anyway, we're back together now and I'm absolutly nuts about her. The thing is I don't think she really takes my gender seriously. Our best friend meg does and so does Sammy, but Jen still seems to be struggling with it. I talked to her about it one day last week and she said that she didn't really understand it. So, I took the time to explain it too her and answered any questions I could. I tried to make it simple for her to understand. So, I used the example of someone coming up to me in a store, tapping me on the shoulder and saying "Sir, can you hand that too me?" I told her that I would be more comfortable with someone saying that to me because I'd feel like they were seeing me. Rather than if someone came up to me and was like "ma'am can you pass me that?" Thing was the next day, after explaining this all to her, She sent me a text message that said "yes ma'am" lol epic fail... So, my question is: Does anyone have any suggestions for me to make this a little easier to talk to her about or to get my point across to her? Without sounding like a total jackass.
  •  

Janet_Girl

Hi James, :icon_wave:

Welcome to our little family. Over 4400 strong. That would be one heck of a family reunion.

Feel free to post your successes/failures, Hopes/dreams.  Ask questions and seek answers. Give and receive advice.

But remember we are family here, your family now. And it is always nice to have another brother. :icon_hug:

And be sure to check out these links ( MUST READS )

Sounds like you need to have a one on one chat with her and explain that this is for real.
Hugs and Love,
Janet
  •  

LordKAT

Hello James,

One idea you could try is to let her read books or maybe watch a video to help her understand. I believe one of the books some have used is called True Selves. I don't know the author.  Good luck in helping her to understand.
  •