Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

First laser treatment next week.

Started by Rachel Bellefountaine, February 27, 2010, 01:19:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rachel Bellefountaine

I had a consultation appointment at my local laser clinic today. I was actually quite happy to hear the price quote of 75 dollars a session (for roughly 10 to 12 sessions). That means I can do this important step in my transition without putting a huge strain on my monthly income.

My first session is booked for the next Friday. I'm kind of nervous about the pain level... but I'm also really excited to get rid of my facial hair and be one step closer to being the woman on the outside that I am on the inside. ^_^

•  

tatiana

A couple years ago, the local shops were $200-300 per session but the prices have come down quite a bit! Mine are $85 per session. I love how its now affordable for girls like us now. =D

Don't worry too much about the pain. It's not too bad. You'll absolutely LOVE how your skin feels around 10 days after when the hair starts falling out!
  •  

Giselle Marie

Hi Rachael,

The pain isn't bad at all, although i finished my hair removal sometime ago the area directly under the nostrils and along the the edge of my upper lip was the most sensitive. But it was all worth being a little uncomfortable just to be hair free. Good luck !!!

•  

AweSAM!

Don't worry much about the pain level, as it is pretty bearable. The only areas that would possibly cause more pain are the upper lip, and even possibly right under the chin.

I was in your situation back in January, so nervous for my first session. I was scared that it would hurt so much, but I was pleasantly surprised. I recently had my second laser session; it hurts less each and every time. Also, it looks like you are getting a great price.

Rachel Bellefountaine

Well, today was the day of my appointment. It wasn't too bad actually. It hurt some places more than others, but the pain vanished pretty quickly. And the knowledge that it's going to help kill of those nasty face hair makes it all worth it. ^_^

•  

Rachel Bellefountaine

Question. When do the hairs fall out? The anticipation is killing me, and I'm starting to wonder if I got my dollars worth.

Sorry, I'm an impatient girl. lol.

•  

Ellieka

They will start to come out between 5 and 7 days after the treatment :)
  •  

Vanessa_yhvh

I'll be having my face nuked for the first time Wednesday after work. :D
  •  

Rock_chick

•  

Rachel Bellefountaine

I'm finally seeing some results. My beard is growing in patchy, which must mean the laser is destroying or damaging some hairs. I have my second appointment in 2 weeks. This time I'm not really nervous, more like excited... excited to see more beard go. ^_^

•  

Vanessa_yhvh

Better part of a month after the first laser session, I'm impressed.

My skin is very fair, and my beard hair color (varies but) contains a lot of copper & bronze.

Treatment discomfort was moderate, and my face looked kinda rough & broken out for days after recovery. After a week or so, a period of losing dead skin & scruff went fairly uneventfully with some routine exfoliation.

Next treatment is in a few days, and I intend to continue for at least a few to several more sessions.
  •  

Rock_chick

Well the consultation is now booked so yay...good bye stubble of death.
  •  

Rachel Bellefountaine

Quote from: Rock_chick on April 03, 2010, 10:02:41 AM
Well the consultation is now booked so yay...good bye stubble of death.

Congrats, and good luck with your consultation. Yeah, stubble is such an annoyance. It's the only thing that gives me troubles when trying to pass (other than my voice) so I can't wait until it's all gone. Luckily for me my sessions will be a little less stressful now that I know that my clinic is trans friendly and that the lady who is doing my face has worked with other MTFs.

•  

Vanessa_yhvh

Just had my second session today after work. The "moderate" discomfort of the first session dropped to "mild" this time.
  •  

pebbles

I had IPL and Electrolysis before like last year but the IPL was giving unsatisfactory results stay away from that girls and it was very expensive for small gains £135 per go. :(

So I've changed now to a different operator now, They use the Nd:YAG laser which is the one where they scrub your face with soot dye I'm hoping for better results... Even if I don't get such good results then it's not so bad, there prices are very good. £35 a treatment. So if I don't get any good results after 3 that's not alot of money wasted in the long term. and if it works 3 should be enough to thin it down enough to electro the rest off.

I had my first treatment today, The operator seemed friendly enough I did notice how she was always extremely apologetic about hurting me, Not a good thing Because sometimes something bursts under the skin and you flinch or clench your eyes tightly shut in pain she would flinch or hesitate in empathy for me. Next time I will ask her if she wants me to bring a blindfold so she can't see my eyes.

She said how she's worked on men before but didn't mention trans pepole... and that she preferred working on men because men instinctively pull the "right faces" when she's working on an area to allow her the best shot or good dye penetration.
  •