Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Body Image Issues?

Started by T2Logan, February 04, 2010, 09:54:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Have you struggled with poor body image and possibly eating disorders? (more info. as a comment)

Yes, I am FTM - pre-transition
17 (33.3%)
Yes, I am FTM - transitioned
1 (2%)
Yes, I am MTF - pre-transition
10 (19.6%)
Yes, I am MTF - transitioned
9 (17.6%)
No, I am FTM
5 (9.8%)
No, I am MTF
9 (17.6%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Jam

I have no body image problems, obviously i'm not too keen on what i see but in terms of a female body its not too bad. I definately have no eating disorders, i could eat for England  ;)

I am pre-everything though so who knows i think there's a slight chance i could become a bit obcessed with my weight later on 8st isn't much for a man....i'd definately try and improve that by gaining muscle but i dont think it would ever turn into a problem.
  •  

Deanna_Renee

I responded No - I'm MtF. I was initially going to answer Yes - Pre-Transition MtF based on the way the question was asked, but only changed it because I read your explanation. The original question implied that Body Image was the prime element of the poll and that Eating Disorders were less relevant. However, your explanation seems to imply that your purpose is seemingly solely on Eating Disorders. Perhaps it would be better served to separate the terms - I am Pre-Transition MtF with Body Image issues and no Eating Disorder.

I have never had any food related issues, I have always had a healthy diet and until recent years (past 10-15 years) have never had a concern about weight. Now I had put on about 30 extra pounds in the past 10-15 years due to metabolism and activity level changes and am now working to take off the extra fat and get into better shape while I transition.

My body image is a completely different story. While the body I have is in relatively good condition for a guys body (as long as you don't factor in the hernia, torn tendons, rotor-cuff injuries, back injuries, etc) but therein lies my body image problem - it is not a female body and that needs to change.
  •