Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Ray of Hope

Started by tekla, June 10, 2010, 01:28:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tekla

Four Christian lawyers who vowed to be God's ambassadors on the bench have lost their bids to oust four San Diego Superior Court judges.

With 100 percent of precincts reporting early Wednesday, incumbent judges Lantz Lewis, Joel Wohlfeil, Robert Longstreth and DeAnn Salcido handily beat the conservative attorneys.

Craig Candelore, Larry "Jake" Kincaid, Bill Trask and Harold J. Coleman Jr. garnered no more than 35 to 40 percent of each race's vote. They were backed by pastors, gun enthusiasts, and opponents of abortion and same-sex marriages.

http://www.cbs8.com/global/story.asp?s=12623048&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+News8LocalNews
FIGHT APATHY!, or don't...
  •  

Cindy

Even from over here I was somewhat nervous that God's Special Envoys may make an impact. Maybe the USA is growing up ::)

Cindy
  •  

Julie Marie

What do "pastors, gun enthusiasts, and opponents of abortion and same-sex marriages" all have in common?  The implication here seems to be christianity. 

I can just see it now, a gun-toting pastor rounding up all the abortion doctors and homosexuals and throwing them in the slammer.  Yeeee-Haaaaa!

I'm happy to see most San Diego voters think for themselves.
When you judge others, you do not define them, you define yourself.
  •  

Kaelin

Of course, the conservatives set the bar pretty high for themselves, carrying a religiously-charged message for positions calling for impartiality.  For the most part, the middle-of-the-road voter is much more limited in their prejudice, and such an overt campaign in a politically average area like San Diego (in a state that is more liberal on the social front than the economic front) could not fare well.
  •  

Hauser

i like guns.

especially paintball guns....good for shooting pastors and conservanuts.  >:-)
  •  

Jasmine.m

I don't get how someone can even get to the point of running on a platform of being "God's ambassadors"???  ??? ??? ??? That in itself is mind boggling.
  •  

FairyGirl

that they got even 40% of the vote is even more mind boggling :icon_yikes:
Girls rule, boys drool.
If I keep a green bough in my heart, then the singing bird will come.
  •  

cynthialee

Quote from: FairyGirl on June 10, 2010, 08:31:47 AM
that they got even 40% of the vote is even more mind boggling :icon_yikes:
Actually I find it scarry. They can use that "near victory" to rally their base next election and get even more of them to vote.

I am very worried that this country is doomed. The religious right (American Taliban) are makeing some serious attempts to take control so we can all live in a Christian utopia where the queers and >-bleeped-<s can finaly be put in their place.
Who knows how far it can go if they seize power? Maybe we can count on being executed for agrivated homosexuality? Don't doubt it could happen. Just look at the anti gay law being considered in Uganda recently.
So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you can win a hundred battles without a single loss.
If you only know yourself, but not your opponent, you may win or may lose.
If you know neither yourself nor your enemy, you will always endanger yourself.
Sun Tsu 'The art of War'
  •  

Julie Marie

When you judge others, you do not define them, you define yourself.
  •