Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

CGI Centre

Started by Osiris, May 12, 2010, 06:03:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Osiris

So for awhile now I've been playing around with CGI art. I've found it's a fun way for me to test my skills and see what I can create. I use a photo editing program to create my work which has some 3D elements and textures. I don't actually have a proper 3D rendering program which is why my pictures come out looking the way they do (that can be either a good thing or a bad thing).

Full Image

Full Image

Full Image

Like I said, it's a fun way to test my skills as it takes some creativity to put stuff like that together as well as LOTS of layering.

So who else rocks the CGI art? What kind of stuff do you do? Post some examples, share your work. What kind of programs do you use? How did you get started on CGI art? Inquiring minds want to know! 8)
अगणित रूप अनुप अपारा | निर्गुण सांगुन स्वरप तुम्हारा || नहिं कछु भेद वेद अस भासत | भक्तन से नहिं अन्तर रखत
  •  

FairyGirl

I've posted other examples of my art here, but it's all CG. Rendered 3D models over photo background. I've been doing this for about 10 years now using a variety of modeling and rendering programs. The image is mine but not all the models in the scene were created by me. I did make li'l "Blue" herself however lol. Based on some movie, I don't recall the name just now but I was thinking of using it as my profile picture thingy for a while.

Girls rule, boys drool.
If I keep a green bough in my heart, then the singing bird will come.
  •  

Osiris

Quote from: ƃuıxǝʌ on May 12, 2010, 06:14:59 PM
I use Ulead PhotoImpact (version 12 I think), which isn't a 3D rendering program itself, but has a bunch of functions that replicate 3D effects.
It definitely falls under CGI though, since it's virtually 100% computer created, though I sketched a couple of these as concepts first on paper to get the 'feel' of them.
I started learning how to do this kind of stuff in PhotoImpact 5, which would have been around 2001. At school I was pretty ace at making stuff in the very early versions of CorelDraw.
YES!!! Another photo impact user! *fist bumps ƃuıxǝʌ*

I also had started out on PhotoImpact5 which I used for several years before upgrading to PhotoImpactPro this year. I like the examples you have of your work too. Cool stuff. :D

Chloe, your work is awesome. I like how you mix 3D and 2D elements with your render over a photo background. It gives it a sort of surreal look.
अगणित रूप अनुप अपारा | निर्गुण सांगुन स्वरप तुम्हारा || नहिं कछु भेद वेद अस भासत | भक्तन से नहिं अन्तर रखत
  •  

FairyGirl

What no one else? C'mon Jen you do CG art ;)
Girls rule, boys drool.
If I keep a green bough in my heart, then the singing bird will come.
  •  

BunnyBee

Are Adobe Illustrator drawings considered CG?  There isn't much generated in my drawings besides some (not all) of the drop shadows, but they are drawn on a computer...  Maybe they are just "C"? lol

Anyway, really cool drawings y'all!
  •  

JessieMH

Some recent work of mine, Non-stock textures created in photoshop, level put together in Source engine 2009

Aaannnnddd two shots from the mod I'm working on, same as above, Source engine 2009 (First shot is an early work in progress.)

•  

JessieMH

Thanks, the first environment there wasn't really done with realism in mind, was based partly off a piece of Unreal Tournament 3 concept art.
  •  

BunnyBee

Nice composition on the second to last one.  Nice job with the textures!
  •  

BunnyBee

That is neat Vexing.  What are they for?
  •