News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Origami Dragon!

Started by Rock_chick, June 05, 2010, 06:53:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rock_chick

I've just succeeded in folding this.

It's taken me 3 attempts to do it, I had to go out and buy some proper origami paper to do it and it is easily the hardest most technical thing I've ever folded, I basically had to learn a load of new folds in order to do it. The figure is tres ropey, but I started with a far to small sheet of paper...I'm going to see in I can get some larger squares and do a better version. It's a bit late over here in the UK but i will post a picture of my (admittedly poor) efforts.

Anybody else into the art of paper folding?
  •  

Janet_Girl

I have seen it done, never do it myself.  You are quite the talented young lady.   ;D
  •  

V M

The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Fenrir

Oh my goodness, HOW many steps? 50!?  :o
I got into paper folding a few years ago and can make a decent amount of basic stuff from memory, but I have to admit I have never tried anything anywhere near as complicated as that! Well done for managing it! (:
  •  

elvistears

That's so cool! you should totally post pictures of your ones.

You look heaps like my art tutor from last year.  It's the glasses and the hair and the camera I think. If you have a gap between your teeth, you'd be her splitting image!

•  

Jamie-o

That's really cool.  I've always liked origami, but I've never had the patience to actually do it.
  •  

lightvi

Wow I've never done a dragon but I did 1,000 swans last years and they were over flowing in my closet lol!
They say if you do 1,000 you can make a wish :) I bet you can guess what I wished for!
  •  

Rock_chick

A thousand swans sounds really cool, you must have been folding them for ages. hehe. and I hope the wish come true  ;)

Right, here's the picture...

I've found some more designs for origami dragons so expect a few more pictures. hehe
  •  

Silver

•  

rejennyrated

I'm now going to have to go down to Trago mills today to get some origami paper!
  •  

LordKAT

I do it to keep my fingers busy. It is that or smoke or go bananas.  I sometimes do the bananas.
  •  

Janet_Girl

I have seen Origami books that have the design printed on the pages.  After seeing how it turned out for you, I might give it a go.

Great Job, Girl.  Awesome!
  •