Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Do you watch/worry about your weight?

Started by Nero, November 23, 2009, 01:42:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you watch/worry about your weight?

Yes, and I'm a woman.
41 (38%)
Yes, and I'm a man.
34 (31.5%)
Yes, and I'm an androgyne/other.
10 (9.3%)
No, and I'm a woman.
10 (9.3%)
No, and I'm a man.
9 (8.3%)
No, and I'm an androgyne/other.
4 (3.7%)

Total Members Voted: 63

KaleisGood4U

I'm a "thin" person, I guess.  Size 2-4 in women's, and in men's, if I could get the right genes, since I wear my jeans lower, I'd wear a 28/32, which is hard to find, and that's a loose jean.  I'm somewhat resigned to XL boys' shirts, which, hey, are cheaper.  I get at least five hours of moderate cardiovascular exercise a week and some of my hobbies include rock-climbing, hiking, backpacking.  Need to start with weights again.

I worry about my weight a lot.  Losing weight relieves anxiety for me because it's a distraction from internal things.  I'm not right now, and in part it's because I don't have much excuse to be on a diet.
  •  

VelindaSalazar

I am big and not really satisfied with my size, especially when I dress up. I would like to change my size so that it reflects the inner me.
  •  

HuntersandKings

I'm 5'8 and about 123. I have a thyroid problem and don't have a lot of energy so very little of that is muscle. I know I need to gain more muscle mass regardless of gender but as a female my weight is pretty natural. If I want to be taken as a boy though I think I need to loose body fat. I've tried to not worry about what I eat because I know that it would increase my disphoria and give it an obsessive outlet without having a huge impact on how I look. I'm beginning to feel it would be worth it though.
  •  

Jam

Im 5'3 and 8 stone..which according to this google calculator makes me..112 pounds. Im not really bothered about the number im more bothered about how it looks and because it hangs around my belly and hips i hate it. 

Im hoping instead of getting the fat redistribution on my stomach from everywhere else and me looking huge some of it will turn into muscle lol

Doesn't help that i never exercise, i'd love to buy a bike and go for a ride but my areas riddled with chavs. I plan to go to the gym when i start T and hopefully take up a martial arts so im not such an easy target given my size.
  •  

tekla

Martial Arts are great.  If you have a good teacher, and apply yourself it will change your world in several very important ways.
FIGHT APATHY!, or don't...
  •  

Jam

Quote from: tekla on May 16, 2010, 10:25:09 PM
Martial Arts are great.  If you have a good teacher, and apply yourself it will change your world in several very important ways.

Yeah i've heard a lot of good things about martial arts. Im just wondering if joining now would be a mistake seen as i am still easily read as female...I dont really want to get comfortable somewhere and then have to move when my transition takes place.

i think a lot of people have weight problems because they do not exercise enough. Especially people who try a million diets and dont really loose anything. Obviously this isn't true of everyone but i do think its a big factor in a lot of peoples cases. Perhaps its expense with things like martial arts or even the gym. Free activities such as just playing football or going for a run are also an issue for me and im sure other people too. I dislike stepping out of my front door infact if it wasnt for my friends and family im pretty sure i wouldnt.
  •  

ScaredKiwi

I am considered normal size/kind of thin[but NOT even close to anorexic thin]... Though I feel I need to lose weight... Going through puberty and normally developing breasts, and whenever I eat I feel fat and I want to kill myself. Gaining weight in my chest area depresses me, so I am trying very hard to be thin...
  •  

LordKAT

I give up, I'm going to let the doc worry. She  seems to do it enough for the both of us.
  •  

OnyaKonyaLonya

nope
  •