Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Adding photos to messages

Started by Frances, May 12, 2010, 07:09:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frances

How can I add photos to my messages? I have only dealt with forums that hosted the images before. I am not sure what to do here. Somebody mentionned pasting an image location. Can that be on my computer?
Thank you

rejennyrated

Nope - you need an online hosting service - either your own website if you have one, or one of the public imagehosts like Flickr, Picasa, or photobucket.

Create yourself an account and upload the photos onto there - remember to set the photo and online album up as PUBLIC otherwise you will be able to see it but anyone else form susans won't!

Next copy the image location URL which will be something like http://www.flickr.com/photos/8877066@N02/4160877263/#

Then surround the image URL with the IMG mark at the start and /IMG and the end. These are the BB formatting commands. Each time enclose the  format command in square brackets [] so that it will be recognised as a command... thus [xxx] url here [/xxx]

Preview the post - if you can see the pic then You are done!

•  

LordKAT

•  

Frances

LordKat,

You sent me two empty messages, then this:
Ok  YOu need brackets [   ] before and after the URL of your pic location. In the first set you put img in the second you put /img. You need to do that whether or not you use photo bucket.
Followed by this:
Ok just click on the photo icon when you post then and then paste in the image location. It will work .
The this:
never mind , you will figure out the photo thing yourself or with other help. I do not mean to confuse.
I am sorry, but this information was not clear or complete enough for me, or maybe some intended elements were missing?

LordKAT

The first 2 weren't empty, they didn't come through tho because I couldn't get it to show what I typed.

I am sorry it wasn't clear I'm not adept at putting thoughts in writing.
  •  

Frances

It's okay. You were nice enough to try and help me. I just could not understand the messages. I am new to this site, and not used to the way things work here. Also, I have never used Web based photo sites before. I am still discovering things all the time about computers and the Internet, things that may be obvious to others.

LordKAT

I find that no matter how much I do know, there is a whole lot more I don't know. I am glad someone wrote it in a way that made sense to you.

BTW, there is no need to use web based photo sites, so I don't.
  •  

FairyGirl

[img]http://www.yoursite/yourimage.jpg[/img]

Girls rule, boys drool.
If I keep a green bough in my heart, then the singing bird will come.
  •  

LordKAT

Chloe,

How did you so that? That is what I was trying to show in the first place but the Code: box part I don't know how to do.
  •  

FairyGirl

It's the little button with the # sign on it ;)

Girls rule, boys drool.
  •  

LordKAT

•  

FairyGirl

Girls rule, boys drool.
  •