Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Editing Profile Info

Started by Cowboi, January 01, 2010, 05:18:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cowboi

Can someone help me with editing profile information. I browsed some of the other threads and forums but can't seem to locate what I'm looking for. I can get into the area where I see my profile but I don't have an option to change anything other than to request membership to particular groups. I read the help section but none of the items it says should appear on my screen for me to edit my profile actually show up when I follow the directions.

Am I missing something here or is there a current issue with this in general? If there is a thread that already answers this please direct me to it!
  •  

K8

Look in Annoncements-->Post Ranks.  You will see that you need 15 posts to be able to edit your profile.  You will get the posts naturally if you are interested.  Please don't just post to get to #15 - we frown on that here. >:(

Happy exploring, Cowboi. :)

- Kate
Life is a pilgrimage.
  •  

Cowboi

Thanks! I saw that someone else said they'd found the information in announcements. I looked around a bit but didn't even consider that the information may be in that thread.

And don't worry, I won't post just so I can have a profile. Scouts honor... and it's valid because I was a girl scout, once, for about a month.... :P
  •  

oniRyan

Quote from: K8 on January 01, 2010, 05:23:13 PM
Look in Annoncements-->Post Ranks.  You will see that you need 15 posts to be able to edit your profile.  You will get the posts naturally if you are interested.

Looks like I'm not the only "new" person trying to sort this stuff out... Perhaps various "disabled until [[post rank]]" features (while disabled) can have a more CLEAR message which expains that?

Other people are wondering the same thing --- https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,78445.0.html
  •  

Miniar

Quote from: oniRyan on June 10, 2010, 07:46:44 PM
Looks like I'm not the only "new" person trying to sort this stuff out... Perhaps various "disabled until [[post rank]]" features (while disabled) can have a more CLEAR message which expains that?

Post ranks are explained in this thread, found over in the Announcements section of the forum.

Reading the stickied announcements is something everyone "should" do when signing up to any new forum.

"Everyone who has ever built anywhere a new heaven first found the power thereto in his own hell" - Nietzsche
  •  

oniRyan

Quote from: Miniar on June 10, 2010, 09:15:32 PM
Post ranks are explained in this thread, found over in the Announcements section of the forum.

Reading the stickied announcements is something everyone "should" do when signing up to any new forum.

huh... so... there's stuff OTHER than rules that's important you say?

fine, I'll look at the "official announcements" ... meh.

EDIT: [[[ AWW WHAAAAAAT???!?!?! I don't want to look in anouncements anymore for a while... just saw something that makes me sick... 'cause it brought up memories ... and ... T>@#%@#CS ]]]
  •