Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Weekend Getaway

Started by Brenda32, August 07, 2005, 07:33:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kimberly

(= It depends on your point of view, and I imagine a fair bit on one's reference.

We need an option for "All the above."

•  

Terri-Gene

QuoteSomehow we got off on comfort wear for TS's (Teri). lol

Sorry Cassie, Just trying to avoid any serious issues for a bit and just talking about clothing is about as non serious as I can get, though I guess I tend to turn even that into an issue on some ground or other.

Forgive me Please?  I just feel like chattering, but like I said, don't really want to get into issues that are to close to anything important right now, I'm not sure how I would react, so cloths and bras are the best place for me right now, I don't know enough about them to make anyone to mad and perhaps the CD's can give me some tips here and there on these issues as I'm pretty lame in this department.  Hell, look at what I call dressing up?

Terri
  •  

Terri-Gene

QuoteLets see....bras are 'a hassel'? or are they 'sexy'? or do they express boobies? or are they just boob recepticals?

Don't know about all that Deb, but on a cold High Sierra Night, they can double as earmuffs.

terri
  •  

Brenda32

Yes I was looking for a good place to get some relatively inexpensive lingerie, but by all means...chat away.  You ladies are pretty passionate about your bras.  This is an interesting side to see. 

Now we've beaten the bra to death, how bout panties?
  •  

Leigh

•  

stephanie_craxford

Quote from: Leigh on August 08, 2005, 09:14:54 AM
Go ahead, shop wally world. Support gender discrimination

Hello Leigh
I didn't know anything about that, I haven't heard anything about this in Canada.  I wonder if this applies here, or if it's just in the U.S.

Steph
  •  

Leigh

I do not know for sure but I imagine it is corporate wide.

This is very similiar to why I spend my money with businesses that are GLBT owned.  If I do not support my own sooner or later they will be overwhelmed by corporations whose only concern is the bottom line.

I can walk into virtually any "family" business here and they know my name.  To a corp. I am only a number.
  •  

Terri-Gene

QuoteNow we've beaten the bra to death, how bout panties?

Wow! this is getting interesting, from Bear Traps to Fart Catchers ...... ya know? I could get into this type of stuff ....

Terri
  •  

Brenda32

Ya know at this point I could care less what I wear.  You've got me more interested in what Wallyworld is doing that is so wrong.  I know that they had issues with woman, but did not know there were isolated problems with transgender persons.  Do tell.
  •  

Leigh

I do not know specifically if there are problems with peeps who identify as TG.  I do know that there are problems with women and that is my primary concern.
  •  

Terri-Gene

QuoteI do know that there are problems with women and that is my primary concern.

My feelings exactly, but if memory serves me, which often these days it don't so well, wasn't there that incident with the truck driving CD a couple years ago?  The lawsuit and all that which the CD eventually dropped?

Terri
  •  

Shelley

Quote from: Terri-Gene on August 08, 2005, 03:00:09 AM
  Hell, look at what I call dressing up?

Terri

Hey Terri,

There's nothing wrong with that look. I actually thought it was very nice even before I read your comment. Maybe its not just us CD's who worry about having the look just right :).

To Brenda have fun sweetheart just  please be careful.

Shelley
  •  

Brenda32

•  

Leigh

Truck driver
[edit](Kimberly)Fixied ye old URL[/edit]
  •  

Terri-Gene

QuoteThere's nothing wrong with that look. I actually thought it was very nice even before I read your comment. Maybe its not just us CD's who worry about having the look just right .

Thanks Shelly, and no, there isn't anything wrong with that look, but it is not a "look" it is *Me*,and it is the way I am the most comfortable in any situation or environment.  It's the way I have always dressed, over 4 decades, even as male, other then a short period of time when I messed with skirts and heels in a comformity stage which was actually fairly short lived as I just wasn't comfortable with it, and I see no reason to change my basic taste or conform to anothers concept of image.  What I do worry about sometimes is my own vanity streak and the way it relates to my self image on some issues, and yes, some could see some simularity to CD's in it, until you look closer.

My own "vanity" issues have to do about idientification for perm perpsoses and nothing to do with being seen as sexy.  In clothing, I have always disliked loose material because it snags and offers a hold, something to grab onto, thus form fitting, mind you, not actually tight or restricting, just close and never restricting.  Part of the truth is i have always been rather body proud and simply like to show it off. A bit of exibitionist I imagine, but there has never been an attempt at deliberate sex appeal.  I don't really like what that says, but is what it boils down to. 

The breast issue is one I need to do some thinking about.  before HRT I didn't really pay it much attention and I never used forms or such things, but lately, I seem to put to much stock in them as an external identification feature, and I know better, that is what makes it hard for me to understand.  Is something I need to work out as it means something in me has changed and I'm not sure what that something is. 

Whatever it is, it needs to be put in perspective as I would perceive it to indicate a creeping lack of self confidence, which is something I can't allow to take deeper root.  I am more then a sum of my body parts and the quicker I make it back to that totally concious realisation, the better off I will be. 

I see it as using them to "Prove" something and that kind of thinking is just all wrong, so my problem ..... If I realize this and can see it for what it is, why does it bother me and why is it so hard to correct?  If my breasts arn't perfect, then they arn't perfect, so what?  makes no sense to me, but a lot of things don't anymore as I am growing up all over again and do not have the more mature outlook that I once did.  In fact, the nuerologists tell me I can't always trust my own judgement for a while yet.  Perhaps that is at least partly behind the seeming loss of self confidence.  It is like being a child again and that in itself irritates me, I can't afford to be childish.

No Shelly, though it is simular to the CD situation, it is from a very different perspective with different goals in mind.

In time I will put it all back in perspective, blame it on hormones I guess in the meantime, but I know better then that.

Terri
  •  

Terri-Gene

thanks Leigh, Memory didn't serve me right, Winn-Dixie, not Wall Mart.  I get things mixed up ever since this "hole" in my head, but it appears it had nothing to do with Wall Mart and the issue with them is and remains a Womens issue.  Good, less confusing to the issue.

terri
  •  

Dayna

Briefly (no pun intended):

Find a brand you like and a size that fits, and stick with it.  I actually discovered Bali Skimp Skamps after reading about them on epinions.com under the heading, 'Panties for Men?'  Tried 'em, love 'em, though I went through 3 sizes before finding the right ones.  They are my everyday undies, along with cotton Jockeys (I prefer hi-cuts).  For special occasions, I like Olgas, especially the satin styles with the backseam.  I've tried both cheeky boy shorts and thongs, but they just aren't designed for the 'support' we need...

VS stuff is beautiful, but seems to run small--certainly not designed for my frame.

Internet shopping and on-line auctions are not nearly as fun as going to the mall, and I was always rolling the dice with sizes, but there sure are a lot of bargains to be found out there!

Have fun!

-d

•