Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

intense meditation

Started by LearnedHand, July 04, 2013, 09:35:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DriftingCrow

I just spent a bit over an hour meditating on nam in a dark room and it was the most intense mediation (or deepest) I've ever gotten in the years I've been meditating. It was wicked awesome. I usually just see blackness with my eyes closed, but today, I started feeling something coming over my eyes and then everything just turned pure white. I wonder if the whiteness was me going into a deeper level or if its something physiological?
ਮਨਿ ਜੀਤੈ ਜਗੁ ਜੀਤੁ
  •  

Elijah3291

That sounds very cool!

I have tried meditating several times, I always forget to do it but I do like doing it.

if I may ask, what is nam?
  •  

DriftingCrow

Nam is Punjabi for "name". A Sikh practice is to meditate by saying the Sikh word for god, which is Vaheguru. So, you meditate by saying "Vaheguru" over and over again, either outloud or in your head. The theory is that by repeatedly saying nam you're cleansing your mind and helping to reconnect your soul with the guru.

Vaheguru Simran by Qi-Rattan and English Katha @ 40 Day Jaap for 40 Mukte Sikh 2 Inspire

ਮਨਿ ਜੀਤੈ ਜਗੁ ਜੀਤੁ
  •  

Elijah3291

ohh ok, thanks for filling me in. :)
  •  

Kia

That's cool I love those moments where meditation gets good like that. In most Eastern religious thought white is the color of the void of the universal emptiness from which all things arise. So that may or may not have any and/or everything to do with your experience.

Sikhi is such a cool religion, it is such a wonderful synthesis of Hindu and Islamic thought that really blossomed into it's own being. Plus Sikhs are badass ;D
  •