Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Emotions?

Started by accord03, June 26, 2010, 08:50:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

accord03

No matter how much it hurts, I can't seem to cry anymore. I don't know if its because I'm used to the pain. I used to break down everytime before and it's been 2 or 3 months, I figured out I'm gonna be a complete "man" and I'm able to start T soon. I seem to handle situations like whatever. Emotions are less emotional. Everytime I'm about to get sad or teary I can push the thought away and be like mehh.

I haven't even started T yet. I wonder if T is going to make it alot more worse.
  •  

Devin87

That hasn't happened to me.  I've been on T for two months now and I still have to fight back tears when I get upset.  I've never cried for pain-- pain I can take.  But when I watch a really happy or sad movie, I still have to fight back tears (I teared up at the end of Toy Story 3 last weekend) and when I get generally upset (yesterday I had to restrain myself from tearing up while complaining to my manager because I was mad about a new rule at work and I felt like I was expending all this effort for something that was pointless).  I'm still too emotional.  I hate it.
In between the lines there's a lot of obscurity.
I'm not inclined to resign to maturity.
If it's alright, then you're all wrong.
Why bounce around to the same damn song?
  •  

accord03

I thought T controlled all this? I heard some guys where their psychological and emotions have changed so much since they started T.

•  

Devin87

Idk.  Maybe it just hasn't worked for me yet.
In between the lines there's a lot of obscurity.
I'm not inclined to resign to maturity.
If it's alright, then you're all wrong.
Why bounce around to the same damn song?
  •  

DaddySplicer

Before starting T I cried hysterically at everything and had multiple mental breakdowns after suffering devastating panic attacks.

Now crying just hurts my face. And the last time I did was at the end of Band of Brothers. Also. I don't have panic attacks. I'm never melancholy anymore. My darker, introverted emotions have all but dulled completely away.
  •  

zombiesarepeaceful

First off, T doesn't make you a complete "man". Only you can make you a complete man, and you can be a complete man before T. Define yourself. T won't make you any more masculine than you already are. It'll make your body more masculine, but you will generally stay the same. When I started T, I found I was less emotional...less prone to crying...now I take my fury and sadness out on card games or punching walls...but I can't really cry, and I don't mind.
  •  

sneakersjay

I was never overly emotional but definitely cried easier (happy and sad tears) before T.  Now I just tend to get quiet, but that didn't stop me from *almost* having tears during Toy Story 3.....  LOL

Jay, a sap

•  

Carson

I can't cry anymore. I used to cry whenever I got in an argument with either my girlfriend or one of my parents (which happened to be quite often), I would either start crying during or directly after when I allowed myself to break down. Now even after arguments that are worse than any I had before I can't cry. I can feel the emotions that made me cry before but they don't make me cry like they used to. I used to cry multiple times a week and now I don't think I have cried more than 3 times in the 6 months I have been on T.
Call me a cheat but I make my own fate.

http://www.formspring.me/carson1234
  •  

Shang

Who says guys can't cry?  Just because the main society thinks guys crying isn't masculine, doesn't mean it isn't.  I have no issue if a guy cries, only if the guy cries a lot--but the same goes for girls. 

I cry when I'm emotionally upset and sometimes from pain, but I don't really care.  If I start T and it actually makes me stop crying, then I don't really want to be on T.
  •  

Al James

theres been times in my life when i would have loved to have the ability to cry. even when my dad died when i was 8 the tears wouldnt come. i can feel all the emotion inside but my eyes just refuse to get wet
  •  

accord03

Quote from: Carson on June 26, 2010, 08:07:24 PM
I can't cry anymore. I used to cry whenever I got in an argument with either my girlfriend or one of my parents (which happened to be quite often), I would either start crying during or directly after when I allowed myself to break down. Now even after arguments that are worse than any I had before I can't cry. I can feel the emotions that made me cry before but they don't make me cry like they used to. I used to cry multiple times a week and now I don't think I have cried more than 3 times in the 6 months I have been on T.

Exactly like me. Right now, I'm losing my girlfriend for good. I know inside I feel like my world is ending and there is no purpose in life anymore but I can't cry. Usually, even minor things I would be extremely upset and cry so hard but now it's like yeah it hurts but I can't cry. I even tried making myself cry last night and it got teary but it didn't rain down at all, not even a drop.

I'm not even on T yet. Sighss. It can be great but it can also be sad.
  •  

Carson

No offense but you should be worried about getting your self esteem up and fixing your relationship instead of worrying about whether or not you can cry about it. Just my opinion.
Call me a cheat but I make my own fate.

http://www.formspring.me/carson1234
  •  

accord03

I feel like I'm slipping away but I keep pulling myself up and thinking about the future. The first stage is always hard to overcome but once it's over, I keep telling myself it'll be better and I'll be happy again. So, need to get overcome this barrier.

The relationship cannot be fixed anymore. I've given up on it.
  •  

Lachlann

It just sounds like you're really depressed. Some people just bottle things up, some don't feel anything, but they're still depressed.

It's not uncommon for men or women to be unable to cry because they are depressed. Lack of emotion or conveying emotion is a big sign.

http://www.mengetdepression.com/symptoms/
Don't be scared to fly alone, find a path that is your own
Love will open every door it's in your hands, the world is yours
Don't hold back and always know, all the answers will unfold
What are you waiting for, spread your wings and soar
  •  

accord03

Probably. I usually tell people my problems but now I keep it to myself and try manage it alone.

Thanks for the link. I think I got risk taking depression.  :-\
  •