Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Transgender Extremist Parody Site

Started by Miniar, December 16, 2009, 07:56:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miniar

Or, at the very least, one has to hope it's a parody...

http://stopavatarmovie.blogspot.com/

I have to say though; How much damage can this do?

"Everyone who has ever built anywhere a new heaven first found the power thereto in his own hell" - Nietzsche
  •  

tekla

Well it's going to damage everyone in the community that invested in Avatar, which looks like its going to be a huge money loser.  Might well be the Heaven's Gate of this decade.
FIGHT APATHY!, or don't...
  •  

Miniar

Quote from: tekla on December 16, 2009, 08:13:47 PM
Well it's going to damage everyone in the community that invested in Avatar, which looks like its going to be a huge money loser.  Might well be the Heaven's Gate of this decade.

I think the problem with Avatar is that it focuses too heavily on "looking pretty" and Nowhere Near Enough on story, characters, depth.. stuff like that.
(The story is pretty generic as far as I can tell... )

"Everyone who has ever built anywhere a new heaven first found the power thereto in his own hell" - Nietzsche
  •  

Flan

Quote from: Miniar on December 16, 2009, 08:19:46 PM
I think the problem with Avatar is that it focuses too heavily on "looking pretty" and Nowhere Near Enough on story, characters, depth.. stuff like that.
(The story is pretty generic as far as I can tell... )

a movie that focuses on bling over storyline and character development? don't say it's so!
Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur. Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr, purr, purr.
  •  

tekla

it focuses too heavily on "looking pretty" and Nowhere Near Enough on story, characters, depth.. stuff like that

I thought that was pretty much a watchword for blockbuster movies.  And I thought it was a basic Western (a 'how the West was won') type movie, just set in space.
FIGHT APATHY!, or don't...
  •  

aubrey

I thought it was basically about white guilt for the genocide of indigenous people, mixed in with patriotism LOL.

Gosh we feel so bad for invading and killing people. Go USA!
  •  

LordKAT

•  

Carletta

Weren't the "indigenous people" the ones killing the miners?

That's why the marines were brought in.

Because the "indigenous people" wouldn't let the miner dig under their big tree.

Weren't billions of people on Earth going to die (said so at end of movie).

It was a forest planet, with lots of big trees.

Couldn't the "indigenous people" just find another big tree.

You know, so billion of people wouldn't die on Earth.

Heroes of movie = "indigenous people."
  •  

Fenrir

I personally didn't mind too much that it just looked pretty.  :laugh: It was like watching a wildlife documentary for me, just one without facts. I spent the movie not concentrating on the plot (which I agree, was pretty generic) but speculating on the evolutionary biology of the world, because I'm a geek like that. (:
  •  

Arch

I didn't even realize that Avatar had a hetrosexual theme. Is that a combination of metrosexual and heterosexual? Sounds kinda queer to me...
"The hammer is my penis." --Captain Hammer

"When all you have is a hammer . . ." --Anonymous carpenter
  •  

kyril

Very, very heterosexual...not only different sex, but different species :)

(shrug) Explicitly gay storylines are extremely rare in mainstream stuff. But I'm reasonably content with reading homoerotic themes into hetero movies. They're everywhere, in both the male-male platonic relationships and a lot of the superficially "hetero" romances. It's hard not to read a gay theme into a lot of the "forbidden love" stories.

•  

Arch

Quote from: kyril on May 30, 2010, 03:33:01 PM
Explicitly gay storylines are extremely rare in mainstream stuff. But I'm reasonably content with reading homoerotic themes into hetero movies.

That's how I got my gay fix when I was a little kid. I especially loved westerns, certain types of adventure films, and war movies. John Wayne movies can be queer as hell if you know how to read 'em. And I did read 'em that way.

Post Merge: May 30, 2010, 04:33:50 PM

Quote from: kyril on May 30, 2010, 03:33:01 PM
Very, very heterosexual...not only different sex, but different species :)

Xenosexual, then.
"The hammer is my penis." --Captain Hammer

"When all you have is a hammer . . ." --Anonymous carpenter
  •  

brainiac

Quote from: kyril on May 30, 2010, 03:33:01 PMIt's hard not to read a gay theme into a lot of the "forbidden love" stories.

I agree. Oh, and...

•  

koolstacy

I wouldn't want some one force me to give something up
What right does anyone Have to take someone by force.  Would you like it if a small group that told you we want what is under your home and you tell them not for sale they come back trying to take it by force. Would you not fight back?

Quote from: Carletta on May 30, 2010, 04:49:12 AM
Weren't the "indigenous people" the ones killing the miners?

That's why the marines were brought in.

Because the "indigenous people" wouldn't let the miner dig under their big tree.

Weren't billions of people on Earth going to die (said so at end of movie).

It was a forest planet, with lots of big trees.

Couldn't the "indigenous people" just find another big tree.

You know, so billion of people wouldn't die on Earth.

Heroes of movie = "indigenous people."
  •