Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

GOD OF WAR!!!

Started by Jester, March 18, 2010, 10:30:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jester

Kratos is mighty and all will fall before his Blades of Exile!  The end of the Greek gods is nigh, and those pretentious primal gods will loose their grip on humanity, finally.

Except in Liberal Arts university, where appeal to the greek gods is second only to appeal to latin terminology.
  •  

Carolyn

don't forget the titan's shall suffer under his blades as well, in the end only chaos shall ruin eternal!!!!!
  •  

Jester

So, I've beaten it.  Holy god (get it?) it's an awesome game.
  •  

Silver

I was on the fence about buying this one but as time goes on, it's looking more and more appealing.
  •  

Jester

On the fence about God of War?  *Brain breaks*
  •  

Carolyn

it's NOT the best GOW game, to be honest the ONLY good thing about the series is the combat, everything else sucks, Don't beilive the Hype
  •  

Jester

And the raw power fantasy fulfillment.  Which is enough for me, and GOWIII has that in droves.  It really isn't the best in the series, but it does have the best revenge fantasy fulfillment.
  •  

Silver

So a lot like Prototype was? I'll play games for god-like power.
  •  

Jester

Every interactive cutscene makes you feel like you're actually punching repeatedly, or eye gouging, or menacingly approaching, or so on and so forth.  They really mastered the interactive cut scene.
  •  

VeryGnawty

Quote from: Carolyn on March 23, 2010, 08:18:25 AM
to be honest the ONLY good thing about the series is the combat, everything else sucks, Don't beilive the Hype

The combat is completely flat compared to games like Devil May Cry (which is actually a lot older than GoW)
"The cake is a lie."
  •  

Jester

In God of War, you mash square and triangle, occasionally holding in L2, and pressing Circle to initiate bad ass interactive cutscenes.

In Devil May Cry, you mash square over and over again forever.  If you're Nero, you get to press Circle to do some incredibly lame stuff with his blue fist.  If you're Dante, you have one useful fighting style and three completely useless ones.

DMC's platforming is better than God of War's, but platforming is more like the supporting act in combat games, not the main attraction.

Also, I've now played God of War 3 three times, whereas I played Devil May Cry 4 once, went "That was fun" and promptly traded it in.
  •  

Silver

Well I watched a friend play GOW and I think I'll just stick to DMC.
  •  

VeryGnawty

I tried playing GoW2, and it only made me want to replay DMC3.
"The cake is a lie."
  •  

Big Modo

Something tells me that I should play the second God Of War game before I lunge myself at this. However, considering the God Of War Collection is coming out I may as well hold back. Hopefully, by the time I get both of those games done and dusted GoW3 will be released as a Platinum title, meaning I could save myself a bob or two~
  •  

Dante

God of War is great!  ;D Although, I personally don't like the button-mashing parts, 'cause I can never hit the button fast enough, and I end up mashing it with my fist.  :P

I love having the swords on the chains!  :icon_chainsaw: It's cool because you can hit enemies from far away while still dealing a lot of damage.

...and the beginning of GoW2 is a rip-off. If you've played it, you know what I mean.

•