Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Music ~ The Dance Club Music Room ~ Warning Loud Music!

Started by Chrissty, September 28, 2008, 06:54:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lacey Lynne

@ Chrissty:

Please, don't get mad at me, hon!  This ain't exactly dance music, but, OOOHHH, does it kick a mean butt!  Here goes ...

@ Janet Lynn:

Now, Janet's a girl who REALLY knows kick-ass tunes!  GREAT PICKS, BABES!    ;)

Well, you COULD dance to this ... if you really wanted to.  Pete Townsend manages to.  Rock's loudest-ever band (Blue Cheer gave 'em a run for the money though!) ... rock's all-time greatest drummer (Sadly, long since deceased and the Gene Krupa of the rock era.) ... rock's greatest scream (End of song.) ... in about 1978 or thereabouts ... tune originally recorded in 1971, I believe:

Okay, sorry!  Rocker Grrrl here will make amends.  Okay, this is NOT loud, but if we're talkin' dancin' ..., why not blast to the past with the masters themselves?  Low sound level here:

Believe.  Persist.  Arrive.    :D

Julie Vu (Princess Joules) Rocks!  "Hi, Sunshine Sparkle Faces!" she says!
  •  

tekla

Rock's loudest-ever band (Blue Cheer gave 'em a run for the money though!)

Officially, that's Lemmy and Motorhead, far and away louder than the Who or Blue Cheer.  On my db meter it's Nine Inch Nails coming in at 123db (C weighted - i.e. in the back of the hall).
FIGHT APATHY!, or don't...
  •  

Lacey Lynne

Quote from: tekla on November 15, 2010, 08:47:55 AM
Rock's loudest-ever band (Blue Cheer gave 'em a run for the money though!)

Officially, that's Lemmy and Motorhead, far and away louder than the Who or Blue Cheer.  On my db meter it's Nine Inch Nails coming in at 123db (C weighted - i.e. in the back of the hall).

Source:  (Wikipedia)(Guiness Book of World Records) ...

Decibel records

[edit] 1969
Led Zeppelin's "Heartbreaker" is said to have reached 130 dB observed by a team of participants at the American Speech–Language–Hearing Association.[3] Daniel Kreps of Rolling Stone argues that "Whole Lotta Love" established Led Zeppelin's reputation as one of the loudest bands of their time.[4]

[edit] 1972
Deep Purple broke the record and were recognized by The Guinness Book of World Records as the "loudest pop group" when in a concert at the London Rainbow Theatre their sound reached 117 dB. Three of their audience members were rendered unconscious.[5]

[edit] 1976
The Who were listed as the "record holder", at 126 dB, measured at a distance of 32 meters from the speakers at a concert at The Valley (home ground of Charlton Athletic F.C.) on 31 May 1976.[6]

This record may have been broken ... by now.  With today's technology, that is likely.  The 1960s-1970s are "my era."  To me, and this just my own opinion, I never followed anybody after Guns 'n Roses.  To me, GNR was the last truly great rock band.  You may be right about the modern-era record.  Again, I quit following this stuff after GNR ... whose heyday was in, say, 1988-1991.

Metallica, Nine Inch Nails, Megadeath, Motorhead, Judas Priest, Pantera, etc., etc., etc.   Loud?  Definitely.  Entertaining?  Certainly.  Good?  You bet.  Memorable and excellent music?  No way.  They were moreorless (IMHO) mediocrities (... talented ones to be sure ...) who never could hold a candle to ... The Who, Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath (... who receives my vote for the greatest heavy band ever (Sabotage album in 1975) ... period.).

IMHO, this, the coda to their masterpiece album, ... (Gives you the ominous feeling that something evil this way comes!) ... is consummate artistry! :

Back in The Day, bands like The MC 5, Blue Cheer, etc., would fall into that same category.  Decent ... interesting ... entertaining ... but not great by any means.  AC/DC?  Decent, but again ...   .

Black Sabbath ... the best heavy band?   Wel-l-l-l-l-l, there ARE counter-arguments:

Musical taste is personal and individual.  I certainly respect your opinion.  If people do not respect mine, that is their choice, and that is fine.  I say, "Live and let live."  Peace.    ;)
Believe.  Persist.  Arrive.    :D

Julie Vu (Princess Joules) Rocks!  "Hi, Sunshine Sparkle Faces!" she says!
  •