Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Instate vs out of state

Started by Terra, June 30, 2010, 08:55:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terra

Call it desperation, call it impatience, but over the last 5 years of transition i'm ready to get my surgical part over with. Partly for my me but also to make things less complicated for when I become a public school teacher. (And I WILL become one.  :))

Since I live in the states I figure I have 2 options for surgery. i can do them here or over there. There most likely being Thailand for cost issues. However I keep hearing the age old 'you get what you pay for' and fear stories of Thailand doctors refusing extended care of patients.

So far the pro for states is that I will have the paperwork be positively known to be accepted for getting stuff like my drivers license and such changed. Also if something goes wrong i'm more in the position to get back to the surgeon and they are more obligated to fix it if at all possible. Not to mention the comfort of not having to leave my country for another country I know no language or customs of.

However with the out of states it could be cheaper, I could get it done faster, and for the same price getting it done in house I could get other stuff like a breast augment done at the same time. However I have heard many horror stories and I have heard many successful stories. To be honest i'm not sure what to believe about over there as I know srs is more or less something you get done right the fist time or not. However a cheaper surgery is something that I would have a better chance at getting done in my life especially as a perpetual student and future poor high school  teacher.
"If you quit before you try, you don't deserve to dream." -grandmother
  •  

Janet_Girl

When and if the time comes, I am headed out of the states.  Some of the doctors out of, have room and board as part of their package.  I am leery of being in a hotel room and not have medical personnel should there be an emergency.  Plus you have to figure in that cost, so the prices rise.
  •  

MsFierce

Quote from: Janet Lynn on June 30, 2010, 12:24:38 PM
I am leery of being in a hotel room and not have medical personnel should there be an emergency.  Plus you have to figure in that cost, so the prices rise.

The Doctors are there for you every step of the way. They don't just put u in a hotel room and not check in on you everyday.
  •  

Kristyn

Quote from: MsGiselle on June 30, 2010, 04:10:52 PM
The Doctors are there for you every step of the way. They don't just put u in a hotel room and not check in on you everyday.

Yeah, it can't be that bad  ;)

http://www.hotelchatter.com/files/admin/free_lsd.jpg
  •