News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Having to give up a pet

Started by V M, September 21, 2009, 06:58:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

V M

I am so sad. I love my dog very much. He's a wonderful dog

But because of my injuries and getting more weak with every year, I think it is time to find him a new home  :'( I think he is too much dog for me now and would be better off. But it is so hard to let go.
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Hannah

I'm sorry, Virginia  :( Do you have a picture of him?
  •  

GinaDouglas

A dog takes care of you as much as you take care of a dog.  Don't do it if you have a choice.
It's easier to change your sex and gender in Iran, than it is in the United States.  Way easier.

Please read my novel, Dragonfly and the Pack of Three, available on Amazon - and encourage your local library to buy it too! We need realistic portrayals of trans people in literature, for all our sakes
  •  

V M

I guess I'm going to try to keep him. I just hope I'm physically able  :-\
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Janet_Girl

It is a proven fact that animals help to keep our sprites and immune system up, help to wart off depression, and general keep us in good health.

To give him up would be like stopping all medications.

Maybe some additional training to keep him under control.

Janet
  •  

Inphyy

An animal is a friend, that is not to be put aside, animals are there for you when you are about to cry! They stick with you through...Thick and thin! And are even there for you, when you commit a sin.

Human friends go and pass and say they are always there for you, when they are only there for themselves...But animals are pure in their natural state, so why give up an animal? When you know it's just going to make you cry...
And ruin your life! An animal my friend...Cannot be tamed; But let the animal be itself and it will show you it's true colors -- That it doesn't mean hurt but being a playful mate.
  •  

V M

Well, this evening a young family with several children came to see Buddy dog

Folks and kids fell in love with Buddy, Buddy fell in love with them... Buddy is now their dog

Yes it hurts, yes I am crying, But I had to put aside my own selfish desires and think about the animal's better care and happiness

- V M
  •  

LordKAT

:icon_hug: I have a shoulder if you need one.
  •  

V M

Yes... I am drinking my eyes out and cryingbtoo much  :icon_cry2: :icon_cry2: :icon_cry2: :icon_cry2: :icon_cry2: :icon_cry2: :icon_cry2: :icon_cry2: :icon_cry2: :icon_cry2: :icon_cry2: :icon_cry2: :icon_cry2: :icon_cry2: :icon_cry2: :icon_cry2: :icon_cry2: :icon_cry2: :icon_cry2: :icon_cry2: :icon_cry2: :icon_cry2: :icon_cry2: :icon_cry2: :icon_cry2: :icon_cry2: :icon_cry2: :icon_cry2: :icon_cry2: :icon_cry2: :icon_cry2: :icon_cry2: :icon_cry2:

- V M
  •  

Cindy

Oh Honey,
I know it's been a hard time. I'm here for you my friend.

Cindy
  •  

no_id

Wow, in my opinion you should be pretty damn bloody proud of yourself. There's so many folk who choose to do what's not best for their pet. You did and that shows you really love that dog. It's great that he likes the new family. Hopefully the fam will be able to give him the love, space and happiness you so much desire for him.

You did a great thing. To be sad about it is normal and also a great thing because it shows your love. I'd let you borrow my cat to have something to hug but I'm afraid she's not airmail proof. :)
Tara: The one time in my life I thought I was happy, I was a f**kin zombie.

True Blood S3E2
  •  

Janet_Girl

Aw, I am sorry you had to give him up.  But you did want was best for him.  And maybe, just maybe you will be blessed with another friend, that will be yours for life.

But remember this, he is with some children who will love him as must as you did.  I know, as I think many here do, what it is like to not have that special friend.
:icon_hug: :icon_hug: :icon_hug:
  •  

V M

Thank you friends for your kind words

These first few days without the little guy have been rather rough

The empty feeling hanging in the air, the change up of the daily routine

I try to stay busy, but mostly I mope about just getting things done and start randomly crying in the middle of the simplest tasks

I am also very happy for Buddy... Seeing his delight with the children and the fact that they have a rather large home with a fenced yard for him to run about makes me feel like I've done the right thing

- V M
  •