Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Do I actually need to tell anyone?

Started by Matthew J. F, July 26, 2010, 10:24:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matthew J. F

Whats keeping me from continuing to transition is the fact that I honestly don't feel comfortable talking about it in front of my peers and my father. I don't trust them enough (yes that includes my father) with this valuable information.  My father did ask me at one time if I was happier as a boy then a girl but I was too shock to tell him the correct answer, since it was not the right time, so I stared at him like a dumbass instead. I do believe that deep inside my father knows. I think 1 of my friends also knows too because I always tell her how awesome it would be to have my clit to be as a penis, and that I was so hyped up one day that I actually confessed that I pee standing up... She question me and then I provided how by showing her my STP device (A medicine spoon with 7 inch rubber tube).

I have been giving out clues but I honestly don't feel comfortable releasing my deepest secret. Is this the actual first step before transitioning? that you have to tell your friends and family?

I've been so damn depressed lately that I haven't done much of anything. >-bleeped-< I hate this >-bleeped-<! Why couldn't the invisible man do something right for one!!!
  •  

Hurtfulsplash

It's all up to you, I guess admitting it to yourself is the first step. As for me I haven't told everyone, and I don't feel any desire to do so.

Quote from: Matthew J. F on July 26, 2010, 10:24:36 PM
I've been so damn depressed lately that I haven't done much of anything.

I know how you feel.  :-\
  •  

Silver

If you want hormones and you're underage, you need parental consent so you'll have to tell them.

If you are stuck living where you are and can't stand being called by female pronouns and a female name, you'll need to notify people so they will not (you can try, at least.)

If you're not in that kind of situation, no reason you can't just pick up, leave and start over. I wasn't comfortable talking about it either, but I had to if I wanted to get anything done since I'm underage and it turned out well. If you do come out, I wish you luck.
  •  

s1ncere

you have all the rights to not tell anyone even though you are transitioning. some people move somewhere to start over and so that no one knows. The only people who knows about me is my family and a couple of friends..other than that no one needs to know not even my other close friends.
  •  

Calistine

The only people who need to know are your doctors and people you plan to have sex with.
  •  

s1ncere

Quote from: Kyle XD on July 27, 2010, 01:31:05 AM
The only people who need to know are your doctors and people you plan to have sex with.

exactly
  •  

sneakersjay

I am an insanely private person.  So when I first realized I wanted to transition, there was no way in heck to do that without announcing it to the world.  I couldn't just up and move and transition.

It took me  a few weeks and therapy sessions but finally my discomfort and disgust of my F body was worse than my fear of telling.  So I came out.  And later came out at work.

Now I'm transitioned and not really out.

Jay

•  

Radar

Tell your family. Whether they're supportive or not they need to know the truth. For some people it hurts worse them not being told then the fact itself. As for when to tell them I believe you'll know when it's right. You also don't have to tell everyone all at once.
"In this one of many possible worlds, all for the best, or some bizarre test?
It is what it is—and whatever.
Time is still the infinite jest."
  •  

Matthew J. F

The reason why I'm asking this question is because from what I heard the first thing you need to do to get any kind of letters from a doctor or from a psychologist is that you need to live you life as the gender that you're suppose to be for a certain amount of years, or months. I guess this is for surgery procedures, or T. Which means that in order for you to do this you must tell everybody and try to convince them to use the proper pronoun.

I am the kind of person that I have a hard time trusting. I love my father and all but I'm afraid that he's going to turn it into a circus joke.

I'm not underage so the age part wont effect me at all.

I had seriously thought of packing up my stuffs and taking off. The only issue with that is that I cannot afford to move. I don't have a car. I'm stuck here. I guess I can move but I will be living out in the streets. I will become homeless by choice. Which one do I prefer? living out in the streets with no food and shelter, or be miserable and still have a pot to piss in and have a bed to sleep in.
  •  

LordKAT

QuoteWhich one do I prefer? living out in the streets with no food and shelter, or be miserable and still have a pot to piss in and have a bed to sleep in.

Plenty of trees to pee on and bedrolls work in a vehicle as well as a tent. I left home for the streets with out the vehicle and I'm glad I did.
  •  

lilacwoman

[quote author=Matthew J. F link
I had seriously thought of packing up my stuffs and taking off. The only issue with that is that I cannot afford to move. I don't have a car. I'm stuck here. I guess I can move but I will be living out in the streets. I will become homeless by choice. Which one do I prefer? living out in the streets with no food and shelter, or be miserable and still have a pot to piss in and have a bed to sleep in.
[/quote]
you could always sling burgers or pump gas to pay for a small room?  Or buy a rake and clippers and become a well paid gardener which will roughen and toughen you and make you the guy you wanna be.
Staying home as Daddie's little girl will not make you happy.
I left home at 19 to live in a single room and work as a bus conductor just so I could spend all my spare time and weekends living female.
  •  

Alessandro

I don't think anybody should be advising you to become homeless out of fear of telling your family.  Sorry, but...you have to give them a chance before you just walk out on them.  If you do that it'll make things way worse, because they'll never know why you left.  And when/if you went back, you will have put yourself in a worse position. 

Tell them first then if you have to go, you have to go.  But at least give them a chance to be accepting.  You have to accept this first though, accept that eventually people are going to have to know.  Good luck.
"You can't look where you're going if you don't know where you're going"
-Labyrinth
  •  

Squirrel698

Really it depends on how old you are.  Someone under age should never leave home to become homeless.  There are no limit to the number of people who would happily prey upon a situation like that.

Sometimes stealth is necessary if you feel your parents wouldn't understand while you are dependent on them.  Believe me I wore ties, cut my hair, binded my breasts and everything else and was passing part of the time and still my parents had no idea until I told them.  They didn't have a reference for it so they didn't even consider it.  Yes it's hard to be called 'she' when you know you are not female but it's not forever.  If that's what it takes for them to pay for school then put up with it.  Know who you are inside, that's what counts.

On the other hand if you are of age and financially independent then I really think coming out is a freeing experience.  At least to your parents and those you are close to.  You don't need to telling everyone in a bar over a blow horn.  But those you have known all your life deserve to know who you really are.  Even if it means they stop being a part of your life.  Living in the closet will make you just as miserable as not transitioning at all.  Be proud and stand tall because you are being true to yourself and that's more than most people ever achieve in an entire lifetime.   
"It matters not how strait the gate, How charged with punishments the scroll, I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul"
Invictus - William Ernest Henley
  •