Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

So much for name change.

Started by Kellsie, July 19, 2010, 02:51:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kellsie

Ugh,  I am sooooo frustrated.  I just started my RLE and we moved recently.  The county to which I moved will not allow me to change my name legally for one year.  Well, one step forward two steps back.  I hate this!! I just want to scream.  Anyone else go through this?
Smile, everyone will wonder what you are up to.
  •  

Izumi

Quote from: Kellsie on July 19, 2010, 02:51:24 PM
Ugh,  I am sooooo frustrated.  I just started my RLE and we moved recently.  The county to which I moved will not allow me to change my name legally for one year.  Well, one step forward two steps back.  I hate this!! I just want to scream.  Anyone else go through this?

Yup, its hard to change your name requiring a lot of paperwork, but typically changing name is easier then changing sex on documents.  I can get my name changed but it will take 1 month minimum and the LT. Governor has to sign the change, luckily i have an ambiguous name irl so no one can tell what i am until they meet me, but most assume i am woman over the phone via voice.
  •  

Renate

Many jurisdictions have residency requirements for name changes.
That's why it's best to change your name before moving.
  •  

Kellsie

I would have except I did not get my carry letter or the approval to start RLE until after I moved.
  •  

Renate

You don't need a carry letter or RLE to change your name.
It's your right to change it for whatever reason you like.
  •  

Kellsie

You are good.  :-)-   I wanted to wait until then.  It was my choice, and I am paying the price.   
  •  

lilacwoman

OMG!   What a system!  Over here in England we can change our name anytime we want just be telling everyone to call us by the new name.
Gov't was thinking of making us all have ID cards but the cost was something like $30billion and just imagine the headache of trying to keep 65million people on such a system uptodate and bugfree!
So our new Gov't has dropped the idea really quick.
  •