Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Breast reduction..aaarghFRUSTRATED!

Started by Underground Panther, December 03, 2006, 02:00:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Underground Panther

Hi everyone..Good/bad news
I already have a note from my therapist reccomending male chest reconstruction.I just got a note from my back doctor reccommending I reduce my breasts as small as possible...
Here's the catch..Because I found out I got degenerative Disc disease I cannot bind my chest.  And I don't have the funds to pay for male chest reconstruction myself...MA will cover breast reduction tho. Problem with a reduction is it leaves a big t shaped scars, scars that if I ever in my lifetime managed to scrape up the bucks for the chest I really want the reduction would make my male chest look crappy..With a reduction I will have a flat chest but my nipples will be left disgustingly "womanly". I am really angry about this. I don't know what to do.I feel like punching walls I am so frustrated.
I want these boobs GONE for my mind and my spines health's sake. But Is there a doctor on Earth that would take what MA gives for a reduction and give me a male chest?..I have a mental health reason AND a physical one. Any thoughts or help would be so appreciated.
I will go with the reduction if there is no other way to get rid of these boobs.But frankly I don't want a breast reduction, I want a male chest..How do I do this, Ummm can I do this.Will beauracracies and such stand in my way, if so is there a way around it?.AAArrrgh.help.
  •  

Nero

Hey Panther,
Good to see you. I feel for you. That must be awful not being able to bind.
Actually, I've heard a lot of guys say that they had a breast reduction prior to male chest reconstruction, so if you have the reduction and then have top surgery at a later date, it can be done. And I've heard that surgeons can work with the scars, so it may not be so bad. Of course, as you know, there's no guarantees with surgery. But I do know a lot of guys have had reductions and then top surgery later.
Unfortunately, I kind of doubt a doc would do the reduction and the reconstruction at the same time.
I don't know much about insurance, if you have to see a certain doc or what.
Maybe if you go to an FtM top surgery doc who also does reductions (many do), you could convince him to help you.
Good luck. I hope everything works out.
Nero was the Forum Admin here at Susan's Place for several years up to the time of his death.
  •  

Transguykid

Actually, I had a breast reduction and I was told that I would be able to have a fine top surgery later on. I called Brownstein's office for that info. The scarred tissue will be removed with top surgery. I think if you go all the way down to an A cup though, it might be harder to remove all the scar tissue since there isn't much there. I'm down to a largish? B and I'll be fine when the time comes.

It's depressing to think that you're not getting rid of it all, but it'll be much better than before.
  •