Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Just had first session

Started by Melody Maia, August 05, 2010, 08:02:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melody Maia

Met with a gender therapist in Houston yesterday who has won awards for being the best therapist in Houston for several years, so I was comfortable giving her a shot. She was very nice and I do want to go back to see her. It was nice telling someone else things that I had never told anyone except my wife. Understandably, first session was about getting to know me, my past and how I saw myself now. At first we discussed my CDing etc. Had to eliminate the possibility I was just a CD. After all, there is a lot riding on the line with a 15 year marriage and 8 year old boy at home.

By the end, I think she felt I was more TS than CD and that I had already researched this pretty well. She mentioned that she usually gives people "homework" reading after their first session, but she wasn't going to do that with me. Next session is a week from Monday and I am to have a list of things I would like to change about myself. Going to be a long list! However, even the mention of the concept of HRT got a kind of "whoa there, slow down" kind of reaction, so I'll have to be a little more insistent that I see that in my future next time. I'm in not too much of a hurry on HRT as I really need to lose a lot of weight first.

All-in-all, it was a good start. I just wish I could have spoken for three hours instead of 50 minutes. I did learn new things about myself. One big thing that no one has ever told me is that I have a fairly androgynous presentation. She actually began the session mentioning that, whatever I was doing that, "I look great." Of course, I don't do anything, so that was a bit of a shock. Well, maybe not that much of a shock. I am short and I am fairly certain I have a hormone issue complete with size B (yes, I measured) Moobs. She also mentioned that I have soft features and should be able to pass pretty well with a proper wig, makeup etc. As I said, no one had ever told me that directly. It actually made me feel good. Hope to feel good again next week.
and i know that i'm never alone
and i know that my heart is my home
Every missing piece of me
I can find in a melody

O
  •