Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

intro and guidance

Started by Milla, July 25, 2005, 08:39:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milla

HI all,

I'm quite new here and still pretty new to coming to terms with my gender issues I've long suppressed. I have many questions about my self, honestly I really don't know what I am .Cross dresser? Transgender or Transex.  All I know, well keeping a long story short, is I've never had any real relation ship to speak of. I'm attracted to females but I've always felt that there was this barrior between finding true love and loneliness. It's like there was always this interference which  prevented me from feeling comfortable,i felt like i was not being trueful or something.  Since a young lad ( before purberety ) when I first became aware that sex changes were possible I've pondered if this was for me.   Out of shame I long tried barying these desires and tried to live a normal life. The only real answer I have for my self, is I fall some where in-between. Androgyne, i gues, shrugs. 
  •  

4years

Hello Milla (=

It is a hard and lonely struggle sometimes finding ourselves, let alone finding acceptance. But ultimately worth it, I think.

Have you tried formal therapy with a gender aware therapist? If not that might be a viable option to help you find yourself and what you desire.

Out of curiosity, what are you calling "Transgender" and "Transsex"? You seem to be using the terms different than I am used to.
  •  

rochellelarie

There are tons of websites you can go to to look up definitions to find out where you think you fit in. If you don't want to talk to a therapist just yet maybe you should consider talking to someone through emails or through forums like you are doing now.  The very first step and most important step is figuring out who you are inside.
  •  

Shelley

Hi Milla,

Welcome to Susans. One thing that I recommend to new people here is to join in the forums and "try on" the experiences of others to see if they fit with what you are experiencing.

I agree with Rochellelarie joining in the forums here and reading the Wiki helps get some understanding of the terms in use in relation to transgenderism. It also will provide you with valuable knowledge about what you are experiencing.

Kimberley's advice about a therapist is worth considering. Be aware that not all are gender aware and that is one quality that you will want in a therapist.

So look around, join in and most of all good luck on your journey of self discovery and don't be afraid to ask questions.

Shelley 
  •