News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Soy is making kids 'gay'

Started by Kate Thomas, December 18, 2006, 01:41:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kate Thomas

http://worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=53327

QuoteNow, I'm a health-food guy, a fanatic who seldom allows anything into his kitchen unless it's organic. I state my bias here just so you'll know I'm not anti-health food.

The dangerous food I'm speaking of is soy. Soybean products are feminizing, and they're all over the place. You can hardly escape them anymore.

I have nothing against an occasional soy snack. Soy is nutritious and contains lots of good things. Unfortunately, when you eat or drink a lot of soy stuff, you're also getting substantial quantities of estrogens.

Estrogens are female hormones. If you're a woman, you're flooding your system with a substance it can't handle in surplus. If you're a man, you're suppressing your masculinity and stimulating your "female side," physically and mentally.
"But who is that on the other side of you?"
T.S. Eliot
  •  

tinkerbell

Quote from: American Dietetic AssociationEquol itself is defined as a "nonsteroidal estrogen of the isoflavone class," according to research, which found that some people were more prone to create the molecule from soy than others. Some proved to be "equol producers," some were "non-equol producers." Soy consumption does not cause feminization in men or affect sexual function....

Oh geez, after all these years of therapy, trying to find myself and the causes/reasons for my "gayness" ::) ::), I know now that it has to do with all that soy milk I drink on a daily basis.  If I had only known sooner... ;)

tinkerbell :icon_chick:
  •  

Sandy

At least now I now it's not my fault that I'm a transsexual.  It's all those feminized japaneese exporters of soy to blame!  Yeah, right...  Don't drink any fluoridated water either!  It's a commie plot!

What a crock!

At least it gave me my first giggle of the day.

-Sandy (Soy forever!)
Out of the darkness, into the light.
Following my bliss.
I am complete...
  •  

LostInTime

WND is full of right wing religious nuts and we all know that they never met a piece of science that they hated.  Y'know like the earth being round, that the earth revolves around the sun, etc, etc.

That said, edible soy is a phyto-estrogen and those who may be at risk or have been diagnosed with breast cancer should either not eat soy or only in limited quantities.

Soy Isoflavone supplements

Notable among phytoestrogens is a group of substances called isoflavones. Two of the primary soy isoflavones, genistein and daidzein, are found in many supplements. These may indeed affect the risk of cancer, especially breast cancer. But for better or worse?

• Conflicting results. Almost all of the research on isolated isoflavones has been done on animals or in the test tube. Some animal studies suggest that these substances may help maintain bone strength and inhibit certain cancers. Other studies suggest that it isn't the genistein and daidzein—perhaps not any of the isoflavones—but something else in soy that provides these benefits. And then there have been other studies into various proposed health benefits of soy or soy compounds that have not found a positive effect. Some research has found that the isoflavones may inhibit thyroid function. But no one knows how these animal and test tube studies relate to humans.

• Estrogen-boosting or estrogen-blocking? Though theories about what they do are speculative, isoflavones have potentially contradictory effects. They can act both as estrogens and as anti-estrogens. One theory is that in premenopausal women, who have high hormone levels, phytoestrogens may act as anti-estrogens—that is, block some effects of estrogen—and thus protect against breast cancer (now thought to be promoted by high lifetime estrogen exposure). But after menopause, when estrogen levels are lower, phytoestrogens may act like estrogens, thus relieving hot flashes and other symptoms. It's unknown how potent these phytoestrogens are—far less potent than regular estrogen, certainly.

How Healthy Is Soy?

No need to panic. The research linking animal fat to heart disease and cancer are far stronger than those connecting soy to any health problems. So, if you are considering substituting soy for meat or milk, the soybean still shines in comparison, according to Ethan Balk, associate director of the Tufts-New England Medical Center's Evidence-Based Practice Center, who reviewed the studies last year.

But if the question is whether to eat large amounts of soy or take supplements, the answer is far more elusive. Here's what the latest findings suggest:

Soy and Estrogen: Two Great Tastes?

It has been speculated that a diet high in soy can have hormonally feminizing effects. This has almost no basis in fact, and really, makes very little sense. The beneficial effects of dietary soy are more related to the fact that it inhibits the action of estrogen, not that it has estrogenic effects itself. These inhibitory effects seem to decrease the risk of coronary heart disease (CHD) as well as breast and uterine cancer, but only when taken as part of a complete program.
  •  

Julie Marie

I think the author could have saved a lot of space by just saying he hates gays.  

It's BS like this that the ignorant feed on and use to support their ignorance and hatred.  To portray his prejudiced and intolerant opinion as fact is totally irresponsible.  Maybe we can insert him in the gay community so he can meet the 'deviants' and find they are real people who just want to be happy.  There was a show on TV that just did that.  The homophobe went home with a totally new attitude toward gays.

"And so it was, the ignorant remained ignorant.  Locked within the protective walls of their small minded world, fearful of what lay on the other side, they remained forever blind to the beauty of the world around them."

Julie
When you judge others, you do not define them, you define yourself.
  •  

LostInTime

•