Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Girls can bomb too!

Started by Shiro M., April 27, 2010, 12:20:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiro M.

Hey guys, for those of you who don't know, I do draw graffiti style art. My handstyle isn't like typical street bombing, it was developed to be a bit more artistic than cool and crazy. Here's the link to my photobucket page.

http://s854.photobucket.com/albums/ab109/KINGZ583/

Any input or criticism is welcome, and I take request's if any are interested! ;)
  •  

Silver

Lol Murkrow.

That said, I'm not a huge fan of graffiti style art but it doesn't look bad. I can't give advice 'cause I don't know how to do it.
  •  

Shiro M.

Lulz, Murkrow was a request I got from a friend. ^^v
  •  

Jasmine.m

Hi Shiro! They're cute! Can you do one of my name (Jasmine) in pink and green?? :D
  •  

spacial

I really like them.

Comtemporary art forms always take time to establish.

But these make an assertive statement.

Thank you for sharing them. Hope you will do more.
  •  

Shiro M.

^^ Thanks guys! And sure Jasmine, I'd love to do one for you! ;D I'll start working on it and let you know when the sketch is ready.  :)
  •  

Bagheera

Okay I know this topic is very old, but since my reply is going to be feedback I figured to post it within here... (Mods, please lemme know if this wasn't a good idear.)

I like the bold statement your work makes. The use of colors really brings it to life. Makes 'em pop, ya know? However, I noticed your letter structure is rather weak.  I have some advice to help improve your writing.  It gets repetitive (especially when you first start out) but it really is great advice:

Go simple. Bite your keyboard. You want to write your letters exactly as they appear on the keys. That means just straight up and down, no fancy 3D, arrows, etc. No bells and whistles. Just write like this: SIMPLE. Take your time when you do them and pay attention to how the letters are constructed. Try to keep ALL of your bars the same width. Make everything uniform for now until you start to develop a better understanding of how each letter is formed. When you start to see this, you can then play with the appearance. It's so much easier to do after building up your foundations.

Don't worry about coloring for now. Just focus on doing your simples. Now, that is not to say that simples can't be dope. =) You can definitely rock them, too.

Also, I looked through all your scans in the photobucket account. I didn't see any handies! What's up with that?  :laugh: C'mon girl someone who is so bold with their writing has got to have pretty dope hands, right? ^^
  •