Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

A New Gender Model?

Started by Virginia, December 02, 2010, 05:53:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaimey

Quote from: Zythyra on December 06, 2010, 08:43:48 PM
Thank you, thank you! <curtsies> 

And here I was worried about being a-salted for corny puns :D :D :D

Z

You are on a role!  Two thumbs up, just for the halibut!  >:-)  It appears we both got sole.
If curiosity really killed the cat, I'd already be dead. :laugh:

"How far you go in life depends on you being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and the strong. Because someday in life you will have been all of these." GWC
  •  

Simone Louise

To heck with the soul. Let's adjourn to the coast of Maine for a freshly caught halibut sandwich. Some of you might prefer the lobster role, but then your goose would be cooked.

Or come here tonight. I'll be making latkes and applesauce for the masses.

S
Choose life.
  •  

Shana A

Quote from: Simone Louise on December 08, 2010, 04:04:10 PM
Or come here tonight. I'll be making latkes and applesauce for the masses.

Happy Chanukah! Someday we'll have to have an in person latke fest!

Z
"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

•  

Vanessa_yhvh

This whole conundrum reminds me of the Geek Code from earlier in the days of the Internet.

http://www.geekcode.com

Simple fact is that I think even a 3D axis is insufficient. We'd need to apply set theory. Crude example of my case:

[[multiple[alternating[male|female]][XY][MTF][presentation[consistent[female]]][names[Rob[assigned]|Sydney[changing to]]]
  •  

rite_of_inversion

QuoteWe'd need to apply set theory.

So
{biofemale xx [transgender]stable[androgyne] presentation[punk, light goth, business] identity[singular]name[changing to androgyne name] physique[trying for slender, muscular and vaguely boyish]}
Something like that

Heh...maybe we should make a trans code wiki on here... :laugh:
Do you think Susan would accommodate us?
  •  

Vanessa_yhvh

Quote from: rite_of_inversion on December 09, 2010, 03:02:22 AM
So
{biofemale xx [transgender]stable[androgyne] presentation[punk, light goth, business] identity[singular]name[changing to androgyne name] physique[trying for slender, muscular and vaguely boyish]}
Something like that

Heh...maybe we should make a trans code wiki on here... :laugh:
Do you think Susan would accommodate us?

We just might wind up blowing their minds.  >:-)
  •  

Simone Louise

Happy Chanukkah to you Zythyra, and to all you unicorns who want to celebrate with us.

I've made latkes thrice in the past 8 days (my wife says I make a good rebbitzin) and expect to do it twice more for those who couldn't get here during festival. Plus when the daughter returns from college, we'll make her favorite: Chanukkah fried chicken with raisin risotto. Show up and we'll exchange a physical hug, until then, may we continue to meet here.
Choose life.
  •  

Jaimey

You might be one of the most generous people on the planet, Simone Louise! 

"How far you go in life depends on you being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and the strong. Because someday in life you will have been all of these." GWC
  •  

Simone Louise

You do understand, Jaimey, that even though UPS delivers many, many packages all over the world, I have bought and sent merely the tiniest fraction of them.

Too bad New England is not on your way home.

With love,
S
Choose life.
  •  

Jaimey

•  

brenn

Virginia,

How about a model that looks similar to the yen-yang symbol you have as your avatar that represents an interposed collection of gender traits for males and females. You would then define your gender by a line that weaves through the space of gender traits. Why does gender have to be a point on a line or even in 3-d space?

Perhaps we could call it the string-theory of gender?

brenn

ativan

It's never been a point on any line or 3D model, or a point anywhere.
It's never any better than a hazy area(s) defined by hazy definitions that attempt to define an edge that is as hazy as the fog that disappears into the night.
Be happy that the batteries don't go dead in your flashlight.  ;)

Peace on Earth and Goodwill Towards Mankind
  •  

sfem

A string-theory of gender? A g-string theory?
  •  

Kinkly

Quote from: sfem on December 26, 2010, 07:31:22 AM
A string-theory of gender? A g-string theory?

I read through different gender theories wondering if I would fit into it.  I wonder If a g-string theory would be large enough to hold me in I've had 2 g-strings recently one fit well the other had not enough room
I don't want to be a man there from Mars
I'd Like to be a woman Venus looks beautiful
I'm enjoying living on Pluto, but it is a bit lonely
  •  

VeryGnawty

Quote from: Jaimey on December 06, 2010, 05:23:18 PM
That's the worst pun I've heard in a long time.  GOOD JOB!!!  :laugh:  ...dang it.  For the life of me I can't think of another popcorn pun!!!  FOR SHAME!

Did you ever see the Mythbusters episode where they tried to pop popcorn using explosives?  That was fun to watch.

Mythbusters =  best television show ever
"The cake is a lie."
  •  

Jaimey

Quote from: VeryGnawty on December 29, 2010, 09:36:19 PM
Did you ever see the Mythbusters episode where they tried to pop popcorn using explosives?  That was fun to watch.

Mythbusters =  best television show ever

...I have not seen this.  I'd butter get on that!  It's sure to be explosive!

•