Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Gender Specific Liposuction

Started by Julie Marie, December 11, 2006, 04:33:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Julie Marie

From what I have learned, we develop fat cells in particular areas of the body based on physical gender and genetics.  Fat cells never go away or move to another location.  They must be removed surgically. 

Fat cells can grow to about nine times their size then they burst creating many new fat cells from one.  Each of these cells now have the ability to grow to nine times their size then burst.  You get the picture.

Fat cells will shrink if starved.  Diet and/or exercise will achieve that.  But they are always there.  People who say if they even look at food they gain weight probably have a lot of starved fat cells.  (Mind you this is taking what I have read and following logical expectations.  Real life may be dramatically different.)

Fat reduction cannot be achieved through specifically targeted workouts.  Doing a ton of sit-ups will not make you lose fat in the stomach and nowhere else.  Wherever fat is first gained, it is last lost and vice-versa.  So if you don't like your love handles and that's where you first gained weight you'll have to lose the weight everywhere else before the love handles will go away.  This I learned from a highly respected physical trainer.

People who have liposuction get rid of their unwanted fat cells.  And they shouldn't return unless they are overfed and burst.  (I don't know that for a fact.)  But let's say you have male placed fat you want to get rid of, possibly in the stomach area, typically the first area men gain weight.  You can begin a diet and exercise program but you'll lose fat elsewhere first.  For the MTF TS this may not be good.  The fat cells HRT created (not sure that's the right word to use) combined with the effects of the hormones, probably helped increase size where it's most wanted.  Hips, buttocks and breast come to mind.

So if you start a weight loss program you'll probably lose breast size long before you lose stomach fat.  That could be a downer.  But what if you went in for lipo and said I want male related fat removed?  Has anyone ever heard of that?  Has anyone ever done that?  I've never heard of it but it seems logical someone would have done that by now if it was possible.  And I don't see why it wouldn't be possible. 

Anyone have answers?

Julie
When you judge others, you do not define them, you define yourself.
  •  

Melissa

From what I have heard (about the fat cells shrinking, but not going away), you are correct.  My ex found this out while studying in a medical program and told me.  Anyways, I believe you can say you want it lipoed in only certain areas.

Melissa
  •